need help with a decision

lovemyzoes

lovemyzoes
Jun 21, 2009
I sent my all weather leather bag in so I could trade it for something else. I'm trying so hard to narrow down what I want. I either want the florentine double pocket satchel (but afraid it will be too heavy) the kingston hobo or a croco fino hobo but am unsure of the shoulder drop being long enough and it is cheaper then the purse I sent in, do I have to pick something at the retail price of the all weather leather lucy or can I pick something cheaper. the only dooney handbags I have are the florentine east west zip sac and I find it a little bit heavy but not unbearable. any suggestions would be great. I am a shoulder bag girl so unless I can double the strap, I need a shoulder bag.

Hi, I'll try to help as much as I can. I believe on the trade in program they'll give you 50% of the current retail price/value toward a new bag of equal or greater value, so you can pick anything and then just pay the difference. I'm not sure what happens if you pick a bag that is less expensive because I don't think you are allowed to buy more than one item to come up with the total, but I'm not sure. I've never actually done it.

Regarding the bags you mentioned, I looked them up on QVC. I believe all of them will slouch a little as they soften to create a little bit more of a strap drop, so this isn't always that accurate. However the croco fino is a more structured bag so it might not soften too much.

Kingston Hobo: Measures approximately 14-1/4"W x 9-1/2"H x 6"D with a 7" to 10" strap drop; weighs approximately 2 lbs, 10 oz

Croco Fino Hobo: Measures approximately 13"W x 8-1/2"H x 5-3/4"D with a 6-1/2" to 8-1/2" strap drop; weighs approximately 1 lb, 8 oz

Double Pocket Satchel: Measures approximately 14-1/2"W x 11"H x 6"D with 3" handles and an 8" to 10" strap drop; weighs approximately 3 lbs, 4 oz

Here are some other suggestions: Do you like the Toledo leather? There is a nice hobo style which is relative lighter in weight which might be an option for you if you like lighter bags. Also, the Calf leather bags are lighter in weight. There is a hobo with a longer strap drop and it's light in weight. I just received my calf convertible satchel and the strap is long, but it has a piece that comes off to create a shorter shoulder bag. It's a lighter weight and has an outside zipper pocket which I love. I believe any of the satchels with the longer straps can be doubled and reattached to create a should bag look. Also, if you really love a bag, but don't like the long strap you can take it to a shoe shop and they can shorten the strap for you. I believe I heard from a friend on youtube that it costs around $10. She's done it on some of her Dooney's.

Good luck. I hope you find one that you love and works for you. Let us know what you chose.:biggrin:

thank you twoboyz, you are always so helpful. I really love the double pocket satchel but I'm afraid it will be too heavy for me but I love it so much.

You're very welcome. My favorite thing to do, next to buying bags is chatting about them, and it's free! Well except sometimes it's dangerously enabling :smile: I'm usually a very practical person, but I'm afraid when it comes to purses, all goes out the window. I'd get it. You can always return it if it doesn't work out.

I ordered this bag in the violet. I don't really know how heavy it felt because I never fully unpacked it. The outer pocket zipper was stuck and it was just bigger than I thought so I returned it. It was pretty though.

Regarding the trade in: If you order a bag with a retail price lower to the retail price of the bag you sent, you loose the difference, for example, if you sent a bag that retailed $300, so your credit is $150. If you order a bag with the same price of $300, you pay $150 + tax and shipping, but if you order a bag that retails $200, they only take $50 of your credit, so you loose the $100 and still pay the same $150 + tax and shipping. So the best idea is to try to get a bag as close or higher to the one you sent.

Btw, I have never done a trade in, but we have discuss this issue multiple times.