Date Code Concern... HELP

tzar

Mar 12, 2012
Hi guys and girls. I have a question I was hoping you could help me with. This week I bought a Toiletry 25 at my local LV. Today after pulling it out to look at it hehe, I inspected the date code. I realized it was made mid 2012. It is somewhat bothering me that this bag has been sitting in the store perhaps for that long. Is that something to be concerned about??

Hi guys and girls. I have a question I was hoping you could help me with. This week I bought a Toiletry 25 at my local LV. Today after pulling it out to look at it hehe, I inspected the date code. I realized it was made mid 2012. It is somewhat bothering me that this bag has been sitting in the store perhaps for that long. Is that something to be concerned about??
I know how you feel, I brought a neverful back in 2011 and the date code was from 2009. As long as it looks new and unused don't worry.

I wouldn't care but if it bothers you, return it and have them order one directly from the warehouse.

I know some people like to have "newer" bags (date code wise) so in case they sell, buyers are more attracted to a newer generation bag.

Yea I pretty concern about datecode as well, and I don't like display bags neither! I'm glad the bag I purchased recently was made in 2014 which makes me happy cuz I'm pretty sure that no one had touched it yet.

I received a Cosmetic Pouch last week with a mid-2013 datecode. Doesn't bother me in the slightest in all honesty.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I never thought about the reselling value aspect of it, which raises a great point.

Vernis, I think I would be fine with a mid 2013, but early/mid 2012 seems a bit excessive to me. I wonder if the materials start to deteriorate after a while despite just being stored..

Thanks everyone for your responses. I never thought about the reselling value aspect of it, which raises a great point.

Vernis, I think I would be fine with a mid 2013, but early/mid 2012 seems a bit excessive to me. I wonder if the materials start to deteriorate after a while despite just being stored..

Datecode isn't necessarily important when reselling. Think about it - an unused 10 year old item or a trashed 2 year old item - which is going to fetch more do you think?

And as I have pieces of LV that are more than 20 years old and still in fabulous condition despite periods of use and periods of storage then I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

Datecode isn't necessarily important when reselling. Think about it - an unused 10 year old item or a trashed 2 year old item - which is going to fetch more do you think?

And as I have pieces of LV that are more than 20 years old and still in fabulous condition despite periods of use and periods of storage then I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

No, I understand and I agree almost entirely, but for some reason I just wasnt content. I went to LV and had it exchanged for a late 2013 and I am much, much happier :smile:

Hi,

I'm new to the world of Louis Vuitton. One of my dad's clients passed a purse on to me with the dust bag but nothing else. I want to make sure it's authentic before before I start carrying it, and I've looked on the internet and almost everything seems legit. I do have some questions though.

The purse is a Cabas Mezzo and the date tag says SD0066 (US, June 2006, right?), but a friend told me they stopped making this particular Cabas Mezzo around 2000. Is there somewhere I can look up when different Cabas Mezzo where made?

Also, some of the stitching on the bottom isn't perfect, but it's just around the bottom where the purse curves. I know the stitches are supposed be perfect, but I read that US factories are more lax in certain areas. Does that sound like something they might be lax in?

The stitching also overlaps from the side leather onto the bottom leather. Does Louis Vuitton do that? I'd go to a store to find out myself, but there's not one close by.

Let me know your thoughts, and thanks so much for the help!

Hi,

I'm new to the world of Louis Vuitton. One of my dad's clients passed a purse on to me with the dust bag but nothing else. I want to make sure it's authentic before before I start carrying it, and I've looked on the internet and almost everything seems legit. I do have some questions though.

The purse is a Cabas Mezzo and the date tag says SD0066 (US, June 2006, right?), but a friend told me they stopped making this particular Cabas Mezzo around 2000. Is there somewhere I can look up when different Cabas Mezzo where made?

Also, some of the stitching on the bottom isn't perfect, but it's just around the bottom where the purse curves. I know the stitches are supposed be perfect, but I read that US factories are more lax in certain areas. Does that sound like something they might be lax in?

The stitching also overlaps from the side leather onto the bottom leather. Does Louis Vuitton do that? I'd go to a store to find out myself, but there's not one close by.

Let me know your thoughts, and thanks so much for the help!

The date code reflects feb 2006, but not sure about when they stopped production of that bag.

Hi I'm new to the LV site
I bought a pre owned Louis Vuitton speedy epi 25 red and the lady provided me with the shop receipts it's was purchased 2009
However there is no date code anywhere on this bag and I was told not all the bags have them. Is this correct