Help!

Also, you may need to establish a PayPal account, which will take you several days to set it up since it requires to link to your bank account. You then can easily pay for your purchases by fund from your checking or your credit card.

Bottom line, you need to have an email account before you start bidding/selling from eBay.

Good luck, and have fun!

Read the sticky at the top of this sub-forum and also Gro3602 tips thread. Then get yourself an account (dead easy), sort out Paypal and start gently, probably with buying smallish items that will allow you to get a feel for the place and build up your reputation as a member. Don't rush, trust your instincts and stay tuned to this sub-forum and you should enjoy the journey!

Also, you may need to establish a PayPal account, which will take you several days to set it up since it requires to link to your bank account. You then can easily pay for your purchases by fund from your checking or your credit card.

Bottom line, you need to have an email account before you start bidding/selling from eBay.

Good luck, and have fun!

Thanks. I did my 1st bid last night.

Also, you may need to establish a PayPal account, which will take you several days to set it up since it requires to link to your bank account. quote]

The time left on my item is only 19 hours and so far I am winning. What will happen if I win and I don't have a pay pal account set up?

Also, you may need to establish a PayPal account, which will take you several days to set it up since it requires to link to your bank account. quote]

The time left on my item is only 19 hours and so far I am winning. What will happen if I win and I don't have a pay pal account set up?

If your seller will accept other forms of payment, ie check or money order, you can pay that way. It will delay your receipt of the item because the seller will wait for payment to clear, plus you have to wait for the instrument to get to the seller so they can cash it. You won't really have any recourse if you pay through either of these methods.

Otherwise, if seller only accepts paypal, seller will become upset with you for not reading the terms of the auction and being unable to pay. I would work on getting your paypal account set up ASAP, as it is pretty much essential to have one if you want to transact on eBay.

BTW, you do get 7 days per eBay rules to pay, so even if you are still the process of setting up Paypal, you may still be ok. I would still get on it ASAP, though.

OMG, so I'm not the only one on this site that has never done ebay! I have set up an account with them, but thanks for telling us about the importance of PayPal and how long it takes to set up the account.

. You won't really have any recourse if you pay through either of these methods.

Otherwise, if seller only accepts paypal, seller will become upset with you for not reading the terms of the auction and being unable to pay.

Thanks for your advice. I should have done all of this before I started bidding. I don't want anyone to be upset with me.