Ebay horror story

Status
Not open for further replies.

DysonDilemma

Feb 28, 2014
I purchased a Louis Vuitton from a Japan seller named Ginza-Japan on Ebay. After the auction was over the "pay for it now" page appeared. It looked a little odd, the colors were off, but it was 2:30 in the morning and I needed to get some sleep. The next day someone from a foreign country tried to use my PayPal account 3 times. That's when I realized spyware was attached to the "pay for it now" page. My keystrokes had been logged by the seller and he now had my password to PayPal. Two days ago he tried to log onto my Facebook account. Facebook blocked access because of the Japanese ip address. He was probably trying to check my contacts for relatives so he would know my mother's maiden name.

Has this happened to anyone else? I would love, love, love to find out so I can contact Ebay and PayPal again.

On the bright side, I got a good deal on the bag.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry this happened to you. I can relate. However I am glad you were able to catch this before it got worse. Now you have to go through and change passwords.

I purchased a Louis Vuitton from a Japan seller named Ginza-Japan on Ebay. After the auction was over the "pay for it now" page appeared. It looked a little odd, the colors were off, but it was 2:30 in the morning and I needed to get some sleep. The next day someone from a foreign country tried to use my PayPal account 3 times. That's when I realized spyware was attached to the "pay for it now" page. My keystrokes had been logged by the seller and he now had my password to PayPal. Two days ago he tried to log onto my Facebook account. Facebook blocked access because of the Japanese ip address. He was probably trying to check my contacts for relatives so he would know my mother's maiden name.

Has this happened to anyone else? I would love, love, love to find out so I can contact Ebay and PayPal again.

Wow. So this was intentional on the part of the seller? I think you will be very lucky if you end up with the item that you won. I hope you can get this resolved quickly and without a lot of damage! GL!

Wow. So this was intentional on the part of the seller? I think you will be very lucky if you end up with the item that you won. I hope you can get this resolved quickly and without a lot of damage! GL!

Be careful about accusing someone of a crime on a public forum. OP did not say or imply that seller had anything to do with this...

xx You're accusing a reputable seller of
1. installing a keylogger
2. stealing your password
3. logging into your paypal account
4. stalking your facebook
5. wanting to get your mother's maiden name, presumably to open accounts in your name?????

Is this a joke? April Fool's day was 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
My keystrokes had been logged by the seller and he now had my password to PayPal. Two days ago he tried to log onto my Facebook account.

Be careful about accusing someone of a crime on a public forum. OP did not say or imply that seller had anything to do with this...

Yes, she did, that is why I asked her to clarify.

Yes, she did.

OP stated the following:

* My keystrokes had been logged by the seller
* he now had my password to PayPal
* Two days ago he tried to log onto my Facebook account
* Facebook blocked access because of the Japanese ip address.
* He was probably trying to check my contacts for relatives so he would know my mother's maiden name.

And the negative feedback left for the seller confirms that her accusations are against the seller (and not a random hacker):
Spyware on sellers auctions!! Be careful!!!

Yes, she did.

OP stated the following:

* My keystrokes had been logged by the seller
* he now had my password to PayPal
* Two days ago he tried to log onto my Facebook account
* Facebook blocked access because of the Japanese ip address.
* He was probably trying to check my contacts for relatives so he would know my mother's maiden name.

And the negative feedback left for the seller confirms that her accusations are against the seller (and not a random hacker):
Spyware on sellers auctions!! Be careful!!!

But she got a good deal on the bag. :shocked:

OP, I think there is some confusion about your post. Ginza-Japan is a reputable seller on Ebay. I think maybe you need to clarify, since it's highly unlikely the seller is responsible for the spyware on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.