Help me choose my wallet-Compact Bearn or Azap silkin?

jyyanks

Sep 15, 2013
Hello!

I am on "ban island" for bags but managed to save some $$ for a wallet. My budget is small so need your help deciding on what my best option would be.

I carry about 8-10 cards currently (credit/debit/insurance/license/library). I also have a calvi where I keep misc stuff (rewards cards, doctor's numbers, receipts) and I have a bastia which I never use. I previously carried a large Ted Baker wallet but realized that I never used half the stuff in it which is why I bought the calvi. I am now currently using a no brand smaller wallet that fits the stuff I described above.

Here are my 3 options:
1) New small Silkin wallet
2) Pre-loved Silkin plus scarf (I know I'm on ban island but if I have extra money, I might as well use it)
3) Pre-loved compact bearn

What do you think would work the best for me and why? Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited:
i recently sold my bearn. i used it for 7 years and i couldn't believe how much it's gone through and still looked pretty good. the only thing i have to say is over time the h buckle and the straps don't hold as tight as they use to so some of my receipts i stick in the middle do fall out. makes it not as secure as i can lose things. oh and mine was bifold. i'm currently looking for a silk'in, i find it to be great value it's pretty much an azap just with silk interior. but keep in mind, that overtime it may get dirty and hard to clean. i think all 3 options are viable, but i go with 1 cause i don't really go pre owned. i like my things fresh knowing i'm the first to use it.

I have a Bearn and I love it. It's built like a tank! Kind of reminds me of how sturdy my sellier Kelly is. But that could be also because it's made of box leather. I don't baby it at all and only use one wallet at a time(until it wears out). It's a few years old but the leather still looks new! I love my Bearn, so I might be biased.

Thank you for the feedback. Leaning towards 1 because a lovely tpf member (rosebud) has a lovely one that I saw in person and she also bough this amazing pouch for her iPhone. If I go with option 1, I think I will get the phone pouch too....though the bearn is still tugging at me......

My vote goes to the silk in....plus a pilo pouch....of course!! :roflmfao:

LOL - rosebud - you are my inspiration!!! Hoping Madison has both items or else I will have my DH bug your SA at the Wall Street store! Thank you :smile:

LOL!! Yes a pilo pouch in a POP color! You already know my two cents, but wanted to let you know there's a bunch of silk'ins at Madison as of Friday. Blue and pink with coordinating astrologie silks, etoupe with blue silk and also black and orange azaps. GL!

LOL!! Yes a pilo pouch in a POP color! You already know my two cents, but wanted to let you know there's a bunch of silk'ins at Madison as of Friday. Blue and pink with coordinating astrologie silks, etoupe with blue silk and also black and orange azaps. GL!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I was thinking of taking a trip there tomorrow but wasn't sure if it would be worth it. Appreciate the update!

I might have to go back and add another silk in to the collection :smile: they're kind of addicting!!