PurseBlog wonders where all the $1500 bags have gone.

PBinsider

Purse Blog Insider
May 9, 2013
I think this editorial makes a good point!

There are plenty of bags above and below this threshold, but what about it, ladies and gents. Have you any bags currently priced at or around $1500 to add to the list?

We would love to hear from you.

As you might imagine, we spend a lot of time in the PurseBlog offices talking about bags. Bags we’re plotting to buy, bags we can only buy in our imaginations, bags we think are a waste of money – it all comes up eventually. Last week, Bea posed an interesting question to me: if I had $1,500 and could buy any handbag I wanted, what would I buy? Which, in turn, lead me to a question of my own: where have all the great $1,500 bags gone?

Proenza-Schouler-PS1-Bag.jpg

There is a lively discussion already under way on the PurseBlog, or you can chime in here.

Gucci has quite a few, actually too many to mention them all, the new Bright Diamante Leather Bucket bag (or Top Handle :heart:) Soho Leather Shoulder Chain Bag or Messenger, Nice Microguccissima Patent Leather Top Handle just some examples.

My favorite bag in this price range is the Anya Hindmarch Ebury, $1,450. Like the Prada double zip tote, but Chèvre instead of Saffiano leather. Also, it comes with two detachable cross-body straps -- one that matches the bag, one that contrasts. My Ebury is black and the contrasting strap a pretty pale green, and whenever I wear it someone is bound to ask me where I got it. Great bag.

catsinthebag, thank you for recommending the Ebura. I've been on the look-out for a bag exactly like that in that price range without much luck. That looks great though! I will have to check it out.

My favorite bag in this price range is the Anya Hindmarch Ebury, $1,450. Like the Prada double zip tote, but Chèvre instead of Saffiano leather. Also, it comes with two detachable cross-body straps -- one that matches the bag, one that contrasts. My Ebury is black and the contrasting strap a pretty pale green, and whenever I wear it someone is bound to ask me where I got it. Great bag.

That sounds lovely! do you have a picture of it?

I agree. The new price increases are nuts. $1500 is a lot! Seems like many are edging up. I've bought a lot of bags, many over this price, but this trend is honestly reducing my excitement for purchasing more.

Most of Reed Krakoff's bags are around the $1,500 price point. I personally love the RDK hobo style which sells for $1,500. The leather is very high quality and the bag is very versatile. I own several colors.