If you are feeling lonely, please post here...

LAltiero85

<3
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Hello everyone!!!

I just wanted to start a thread so that when we are feeling really bad, or having a bad day, we can just come here and talk about it, and help eachother out.

Mods, sorry if there is already a thread on this, I did a search and got 0 replies, I hope I did it right, but sorry in advance if I goofed.

Anyway, I will start:

Well, a few months ago, I moved to a small town about 2-2 1/2 hrs. away from where I used to live. Ever since I have been here, I have had no one to talk to at all. I have no one to hang out with, besides my FH of course, but he works a lot as he is in law enforcement, so I am mostly by myself. I was hoping once I moved up here, that I could "bond" with the other guys' wives/girlfriends, and that everything would work out. Well, as it turns out, there is a huge age difference between my FH and I and the others he works with. There are only two guys are our age--one is married, and they are our age, but they have children, so it is difficult for them to do much outside of family time. And the other guy, well his girlfriend just doesn't seem to like me at all!! I have tried sooo hard to talk to her, and she really wants nothing to do w/ me. I think she thinks I am too girly for her. She seems to be a bit of a tomboy, but hey!!! I get along with everyone!!! It really hurts my feelings that she doesn't want anything to do with me. Actually just today, there was a festival here in town that we went to, and we saw them there. She said 'hi' then turned around and ignored me the rest of the time our SO's were talking to eachother????

So I am just really lonely....

Sorry for the long post, and just remember that this is where we can go to cheer each other up!!!:smile:

Hi there,

I might be chatty because I'm drinking and drinking + PF + online shopping really seem to mix sometimes :nuts:

Anywho, I'm sorry you're feeling lonely. I know how it feels to move to a new location and not have any friends. When my boyfriend and I moved to Orlando over four years ago to finish college, we only had each other. We didn't know a soul, didn't know our way around the city, and were at a huge university with classes full of people we didn't know. The first couple of months were definitely lonely.

How small is the town you live in? Are there any clubs, leagues or anything else you can get involved in? My cousin moved out to Austin, Texas, about a year ago and she immediately joined a softball team that plays on Friday nights. She loves it and has made quite a lot of friends. If you can find out what clubs or things like that are available in your town, you might find something that interests you.

I know it can be hard to try and make friends with the girlfriends/wives of others. For a long time after BF and I started dating, I felt like I didn't belong to his group of friends - they had all known each other since high school or longer, and I felt like an outsider. But time really helped with that. Just be yourself - friendly, always willing to help out, and maybe she'll come around. If not, her loss ;)

I'm sorry she was so mean to you. How hard is it really for people to just be nice?? Maybe though, and this might not be the case (she might just be mean) she is really really shy and didn't know what to say?? My cousin moved 1 1/2 years ago to another state with her new husband and did not know anyone there, but he was originally from there so he had old friends, well their wives and girlfriends were not too friendly to her at all. She finally met friends through her daughter's school and a part time job, their church also. She said it took over a year to really feel like it was home and to make friends. Hang in there, you sound so sweet and nice that I am sure you will find some girls who will love to be your friend.

I know exactly how you feel. I live about ten hours from where I grew up. My hubby has friends up here but I don't know any females that I can hang out with. Everyone that I work with is guys so of course I'm not going to hang out with them plus they are almost twice my age. I really wish I can move back to where we were staying before because at least there I did have two friends who I could go visit when I was bored. But being in Maryland I'm all by myself and I'll just have to deal with it for the next year or so :smile: I hope you find friends soon and if not you can always hang out on tpf like I do :smile:

I hope you find friends soon and if not you can always hang out on tpf like I do :smile:

Yeah^^^I do that mostly!!!!;)

Thanks everyone for the responses. I love to get on tPF, it always makes me feel so much better!

I wish she was just shy, but she is very chatty with all the guys...(?) so I'm thinking maybe she just doesn't like me for some reason...oh well. I am sure I will find some other people to hang out with.

The problem is, when someone rejects me like that, I just can't help but think that it had to have been something I'd done, or my fault in some way. Oh well.

But I love talking to everyone on here!!!

Hello everyone!!!

I just wanted to start a thread so that when we are feeling really bad, or having a bad day, we can just come here and talk about it, and help eachother out.

Mods, sorry if there is already a thread on this, I did a search and got 0 replies, I hope I did it right, but sorry in advance if I goofed.

Anyway, I will start:

Well, a few months ago, I moved to a small town about 2-2 1/2 hrs. away from where I used to live. Ever since I have been here, I have had no one to talk to at all. I have no one to hang out with, besides my FH of course, but he works a lot as he is in law enforcement, so I am mostly by myself. I was hoping once I moved up here, that I could "bond" with the other guys' wives/girlfriends, and that everything would work out. Well, as it turns out, there is a huge age difference between my FH and I and the others he works with. There are only two guys are our age--one is married, and they are our age, but they have children, so it is difficult for them to do much outside of family time. And the other guy, well his girlfriend just doesn't seem to like me at all!! I have tried sooo hard to talk to her, and she really wants nothing to do w/ me. I think she thinks I am too girly for her. She seems to be a bit of a tomboy, but hey!!! I get along with everyone!!! It really hurts my feelings that she doesn't want anything to do with me. Actually just today, there was a festival here in town that we went to, and we saw them there. She said 'hi' then turned around and ignored me the rest of the time our SO's were talking to eachother????

So I am just really lonely....

Sorry for the long post, and just remember that this is where we can go to cheer each other up!!!:smile:

I can't even begin to tell you how much I relate to you!! My DH works alot too, actually too much IMO. So basically I feel like a single mom most of the time. I do go shopping ALOT which I think I do cuz of my loneliness and it has gotten me in trouble with "the boss". I do actually have 1 friend but she lives in another city and doesn't have kids and she's much, much younger so we don't hang out that much. I never have girl time and so tpf has become my girl time! If you ever want to chat, PM me!!

^^^ I can relate, too. I'm sorry they make you feel that way, OP. But kill them with kindness and they will come around. Be yourself and they are the ones that look bad and mean. It takes time for people to accept each other...always. Just hang in there! It will get better! Moves and adapting are so hard. But the hardship passes and you will be alright.

TPF is my girl time and my social outlet when I am not with my friends. They have jobs and homes, where as I am in transition...without a job and with too much time on my hands to shop and 'pack'. So I feel alone, too. Good thing we have this site! Thank you Vlad and Megs!!!:yes:

Yep.. I'm having a bad day like EVERYDAY!

Of course me and my boyfriend arn't getting along fighting every 5 minutes. He doesn't hug or kiss me when I see him and he pisses me off on purpose!!! I cry 3 times a day and I want to get out of this 4 year relationaship but it's so hard b/c I don't know anything besides this! He treats me like crap and when we try to leave each other it gets better for a day or 2 then back to crap!! :crybaby:

I'm not even myself anymore! I eat like a pig and I can't stop crying! I feel tired all the time from fighting! I can't wait till I go overseas so I don't have to see him or be HERE anymore!

Sorry about your experience, OP. Women are so catty, especially to one another. I never understand that. I imagine you are cute, and she's jealous a new cat is in town. That will wear off eventually, and maybe you guys will be friends. (Me and one of my bestfriends hated each other at first. lol)

Last night was rough for me too. My DH and I had an an escalated argument, and we hardly fight. And he said, "Miss Prima Donna, you live your princess life, with your dozen of $1000 purses..." The comment surprised me because he's never minded my bag habits. Our argument had nothing to do with my bags or money or anything like that, I think he was just trying to hit me where it hurt. lol

Sorry about your experience, OP. Women are so catty, especially to one another. I never understand that. I imagine you are cute, and she's jealous a new cat is in town. That will wear off eventually, and maybe you guys will be friends. (Me and one of my bestfriends hated each other at first. lol)

Last night was rough for me too. My DH and I had an an escalated argument, and we hardly fight. And he said, "Miss Prima Donna, you live your princess life, with your dozen of $1000 purses..." The comment surprised me because he's never minded my bag habits. Our argument had nothing to do with my bags or money or anything like that, I think he was just trying to hit me where it hurt. lol

oh God, I hate it when DH pulls out the $1000 purse thing against me. It's like they buy them for us so they can hold it over our head later on when they're pissed off at the world and want to take it out on us!

We had that same comment in our fight last week on the way home from Vegas where I might add DH bought me an almost $1000 ($1200 w/wallet) Gucci purse. BIG BUTTHEAD!!

and BTW, it's not like I have tons........I have ONE LV w/a matching wallet and ONE Gucci w/a matching wallet and that's it. I sold all my Coach purses......then I bought TWO Tokidoki's which are like $100 each. So it's not like I have a closet full of expensive purses!! JERK!!

oh God, I hate it when DH pulls out the $1000 purse thing against me. It's like they buy them for use to they can hold it over our head later on when they're pissed off at the world and want to take it out on us!

We had that same comment in our fight last week on the way home from Vegas where I might add DH bought me an almost $1000 ($1200 w/wallet) Gucci purse. BIG BUTTHEAD!!

and BTW, it's not like I have tons........I have ONE LV w/a matching wallet and ONE Gucci w/a matching wallet and that's it. I sold all my Coach purses......then I bought TWO Tokidoki's which are like $100 each. So it's not like I have a closet full of expensive purses!! JERK!!

spacytracy, it's a conspiracy theory! lol Glad I'm not the only one. (Not that I'm glad it happens to you though.)

Yeah^^^I do that mostly!!!!;)

I wish she was just shy, but she is very chatty with all the guys...(?) so I'm thinking maybe she just doesn't like me for some reason...oh well. I am sure I will find some other people to hang out with.

The problem is, when someone rejects me like that, I just can't help but think that it had to have been something I'd done, or my fault in some way. Oh well.

But I love talking to everyone on here!!!
I know you know this but...you didn't do anything wrong, it is her problem, you tried to be friendly. Maybe you were right and she just likes hanging out with guys, I know a few girls like that, they just have more to say to men than other girls.

Aww don't worry hun. Don't mind her. If she doesn't like you then ignore her as well. You can always come online and talk to us here! You're welcome to PM me if you ever wanna chat :yahoo: