Defective product but not online store's fault - HELP!

LoVeinLA

O.G.
May 14, 2012
Oh my goodess... help!!!

I had ordered a 3Lab cosmetic toner from skinstore.com last week, and took advantage of their sale on this product. It was about $40 including tax...such a good deal for this cosmetic line.

Tonight, I took this out of my makeup cabinet to use for the first time. As I removed the toner from the packaging, and I tried to twist open the lid, the lid was stuck and would not budge or open. I gave it a little more muscle to twist open the lid, and RIPPPPPP....the bottle tore open from the side oozing out the toner all over the box. I had to run to go get a dish bowl and pore the toner in a bowl.

I bought this from Skinstore and tried to contact their service department but they are closed for right now. I'm disappointed, shocked and nervous that I won't get a credit for a new one or my money back. It isn't skin store's fault, and really want to resolve this....

Has anyone had any experience like this? I hope skinstore will understand. I can't believe for such a high end product like 3lab, it would come in a flimsy plastic jar.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Skin store's customer service is amazing!! They resolved this for me.., no questions asked.

Happy for you! When I have an issue like this I generally send an email to the place where I bought the product and cc the company that manufactured it. It's good that you were able to skip this step because sometimes it is hard to figure out the right people (emails) to contact.