Saint Laurent Sac De Jour...

thanks for the reply. Do you think it would be prone to scratches, as I'm not really into babying my bags.
I have the wallet in the same leather and it is so scratched (only 6 months old) it's actually disappointing and apparently there is not much to protect it. Sometimes I feel like I should keep it in the dust bag in my handbag!

Hi, I am thinking to get this SDJ small size or baby size.. but im not sure if this type of leather will easily have water mark if I carry it during rainy days - as Australia's winter rains a lot!

Here is the SDJ I was a little wishy washy about over the weekend. I sucked it up on Sunday and ordered the small croc-stamped calfskin in black.

It's absolutely beautiful in person and the craftsmanship is exquisite.

I had contemplated going with the smooth leather but I'm very pleased I didn't. The stamped leather feels much more durable and the bag feels incredibly structured.

This is definitely a bag of which I will want more than one.

30111561-FCA7-4F0A-A7E7-BA11842B68FD.jpg
[/URL]

27CB46C6-74EC-489A-8A8D-73173B4032B4.jpg

2A4802FF-0F16-4ED8-9563-872DB8C05A1B.jpg
[/URL]
I want this exact bag! It's so beautiful! How are you liking it so far?? Any issues? Do you find it heavy?

I just got my SDJ at Bergdorfs. Its a recent purchase so I do not know how Well it will keep. I got it in The smooth leather Royal blue. It's absolutely gorgeous to momma'a eyes 😍 hahaha it's my first Saint Laurent. I do not baby my bags, but I do feel this "more structured" bag will hold up well.
My husband gave it to me as my birthday gift which is in 3 months 🙈 I was supposed to wait to wear it. But Who can help themselves....

So pretty:smile:

I own the large in red and I love it. I have never been a red bag girl but it goes w/ so much from black and cream, camel and navy, gray/charcoal and some jewel tones (just avoid purples, pinks and pastels).

I vote for red b/c it is interesting enough to add a pop of color to your wardrobe without being hard to coordinate. My concern w/ pink is that it will look dated quickly

Wow,,, many thanks for your input.. I agree with you the pink will be outdated quickly...

How do the corners on this bag hold up? I just received one from ******, and it came with 3 corners soft and dented in (can't push the corners out back in shape as the leather has lost its structure there), and scuffs even though it's brand new. Is this normal or did I get a damaged bag?

How do the corners on this bag hold up? I just received one from ******, and it came with 3 corners soft and dented in (can't push the corners out back in shape as the leather has lost its structure there), and scuffs even though it's brand new. Is this normal or did I get a damaged bag?

Sorry to hear that! Please post pictures? I was just thinking of purchasing one from them:sad:

All smooth leather bags have some light surface scratches, every single designer bag ive ever owned (and ive had a lot) thats smooth leather gets a few. That said i dont think your bag sounds right, i i think you got a damaged bag, definitely contact Erica to make it right.

Congrats on your bag:smile: how does it hold up? Scratches? Can you use it in rain? Just ordered the same bag and I'm scared! Any issues with color transfer?

Sorry for the late reply I don't know why sometimes I get notice and other times I don't when someone quoted me!

Anyway, I'd say the bag is holding up ok in the sense that there is no color transfer issue, and the corners are pretty tough (not prone to scruffing or dents etc), overall the bag is very sturdy that it can serve as a daily workhorse bag.

But, the leather does scratch pretty easily, matter of fact when I received the bag it already has a few tiny hairline scratches, and with using it for a couple of weeks I think I added a few more scratches. It doesn't bother me as much but if it is a pretty delicate leather.