Louis Vuitton Book Recommendations?

enyalis

O.G.
Mar 1, 2012
Hi everyone! I've been surfing the LV website and I think I'm pretty content with my current handbag and SLG collection. I decided to venture into the Fine Books section and have been hooked on a few items.

I will definitely be picking up the Louis Vuitton City Bags: A Natural History Book but is a bit uncertain on the following items. Are these worth it?

- Louis Vuitton: 100 Legendary Trunks
- Louis Vuitton: Art, Fashion, and Architecture
- Louis Vuitton, the Birth of Modern Luxury

Also, I see these are available on Amazon for less than what is advertised on the LV website. Is this reliable? Why is there a difference in price?

All suggestions are welcome, thank you!

LV books from the store are usually their exclusive edition - different cover, packaging, etc. there is a thread in the clubhouse regarding books. Personally, I think the best book is the birth of modern luxury followed by Marc Jacobs LV

LV books from the store are usually their exclusive edition - different cover, packaging, etc. there is a thread in the clubhouse regarding books. Personally, I think the best book is the birth of modern luxury followed by Marc Jacobs LV

Ah, that make sense! Thank you :smile:

I've seen a lot of recommendations for this book. Can you tell me a little more about the contents of it? Is there an equal amount of text and artwork?

It is a beautiful book, perfect for all of us LV lovers! IMO there is an equal amount of text and wonderful pictures of the company's history, ad campaigns and products. I got the "City Bags" book for Christmas, which is also nice, but not like this one. I got mine at Amazon, and I'm pretty sure you can "preview" part of it.

It is a beautiful book, perfect for all of us LV lovers! IMO there is an equal amount of text and wonderful pictures of the company's history, ad campaigns and products. I got the "City Bags" book for Christmas, which is also nice, but not like this one. I got mine at Amazon, and I'm pretty sure you can "preview" part of it.

Thank you for the information!

I received The Birth of Modern Luxury from my parents this past Christmas. I definitely recommend it. The photos are gorgeous. You get the story of the LV family and the brand. I think if you love LV it is a must!