Different shades of azur?

DznrBagLvr

Jan 8, 2012
As some of you know, my husband got me the last azur neverfull in the old style for my birthday about a week ago and I got to finally take her out and admire her for the first time today, my birthday! Hoping for warmer weather soon so I can take her out..

When I went to put her in my closet with the rest of my collection, I noticed that the blue squares were much lighter than those of my azur artsy (purchased about two years ago).
Both were purchased directly from the botique new by me, so I am not concerned about authenticity but simply wondering..have any of you noticed variations in your azur pieces? These are my only two.
It may be hard to tell in the pic but the neverfull blue squares are noticeably lighter in person.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396756013.715816.jpg

Yes!!! I actually went through old threads about this and only saw threads about mono and DE. My speedy 30 is 5 yrs old MIF and seems "warmer" then my 2013 NF MIUS.

I actually just bought the DA cles today and asked my SA about it. She's always been sweet but she didn't think there should be a difference.

Let me post the color differences in my DA pieces.

Also check out this thread about the canvas DA differences, page 1 has a great example:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/question-to-azur-owners-about-patina-290660.html

Your comparing a brand new never touched azur to one that has been used for two years. Of course it will look different. A used bag gets dirty. Just like the link posted above, a new purse compared to an older bag, that has darkened due to sunlight, pollution, dirt, and skin oils etc.

Thank you both for your responses! I did a quick search but wasn't able to find anything. I was more curious than anything. I have noticed different shades with ebene before.. Kind of makes them unique ;)

Your comparing a brand new never touched azur to one that has been used for two years. Of course it will look different. A used bag gets dirty. Just like the link posted above, a new purse compared to an older bag, that has darkened due to sunlight, pollution, dirt, and skin oils etc.

I am not referring to the aging of the bag or the patina of the leather but an actual difference in the dye/shade of the blue.

My NF is the brightest, cles a little warmer, speedy warmest.

imagejpg1_zps9b142896.jpg

image_zpsdb4acf87.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsc650136a.jpg

Thanks so much for taking the time to post those pictures and the great link from earlier! I guess there are just canvas variations ;) they are all so pretty! Can't wait for summer!

No problem :smile: the only issue I have with these variances is when it comes to accessories/slgs as they don't match the bag if we were to use the same print together (like a cles as a charm).

I don't notice this with my mono and DE but only with DA. I would be lying if I haven't thought of selling my speedy for a whiter one as she isn't used much (in dust cover) but I'm trying to let go if my OCD lol:lol:

Enjoy your beautiful pieces!!!

No problem :smile: the only issue I have with these variances is when it comes to accessories/slgs as they don't match the bag if we were to use the same print together (like a cles as a charm).

I don't notice this with my mono and DE but only with DA. I would be lying if I haven't thought of selling my speedy for a whiter one as she isn't used much (in dust cover) but I'm trying to let go if my OCD lol:lol:

Enjoy your beautiful pieces!!!

Thank you!!
Good thing I am an avid "mix and matcher" when it comes to bags and accessories lol ! I too play rug of war with my OCD ;) good luck!