Is new caviar still leather?

I have so many talents and abilities (jill of many trades but master of none?) :cool: and they let you play with all kinds of stuff when you are in med school. :smile:

Yay! It's a cow! ;) Um...err....was a cow. Poor cow.

Doc tutu's in da house!

:lol::lol::lol:

Its actually my iphone, with a Olloclip macro lens attachment! :P

Now THAT's a nifty gadget. I'm gonna google it now. Thanks! Oh and btw, enjoy your caviar flap!

I'm out right now, without a chanel.
I want to go home and see whether my bags have any pores! I'm certain it's leather, but I'm just curious to find out! 😁

:lol::lol::lol:

Its actually my iphone, with a Olloclip macro lens attachment! :P

Can't sleep again, so I came here and omg I couldn't stop laughing, I think my poor DH woke up. I'm just amazed how far we go to examine fur/hair follicles on our bags. :smile:
OP thanks for posting this thread, now I need this camera to examine my skin.
Btw: every leather is different, it's like fingerprint, no two leathers are the same, I'm pretty sure your bags is leather. :smile:
Ps: OP don't be embarrassed we just love our bags, I tend to notice things like stitches ect but now you got me whole another level, I need this gadget :smile:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396659741.388519.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396659722.273346.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396659722.273346.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 716
Last edited:
Can't sleep again, so I came here and omg I couldn't stop laughing, I think my poor DH woke up. I'm just amazed how far we go to examine fur/hair follicles on our bags. :smile:
Btw: every leather is different, it's like fingerprint, no two leathers are the same, I'm pretty sure your bags is leather. :smile:
View attachment 2567768

A thought all of a sudden...
Besides the authenticity # and card, if my bag ever gets stolen I can show the police these photographs. "Based on these pore patterns this bag is MINE.. :sad: "
"You messed with the wrong bag lover." >:sad:

The little lens is great for examining jewlery for cracks, and tiny hardware cracks. :smile:

Snowbubble, is your little gadget only good for microscopic pics or can it be use to take normal pic but improved quality of iPhone camera? I'm excited to find this little thing, I hate carrying bulky cameras on trips.

A thought all of a sudden...
Besides the authenticity # and card, if my bag ever gets stolen I can show the police these photographs. "Based on these pore patterns this bag is MINE.. :sad: "
"You messed with the wrong bag lover." >:sad:

The little lens is great for examining jewlery for cracks, and tiny hardware cracks. :smile:

I soooo have to get one of these things, too! Since my jeweler back east closed shop (I'm still in tears over that one), I could use it to inspect my own prongs and stuff. You must have the iphone5S as the camera on that is way improved over the 5. I've a friend who buys every new gadget anyone makes, and I was stunned by the difference in the quality. I'm waiting for the 6...hurry hurry!

Indeed, save these photos for the cops to send out for DNA/MCA* to identify your bag.

*Microscopic camera analysis

Ps: OP don't be embarrassed we just love our bags, I tend to notice things like stitches ect but now you got me whole another level, I need this gadget :smile:
View attachment 2567768

You, tutu and OP crack me up! Loves!

I noticed this also, that the newest caviar bags are made of a more stiff/sturdy caviar leather. They do feel more plasticky. BUT personally I actually liked this a lot as the bags feel higher quality and more solid and thick.

I'm of the overall opinion that Chanel quality actually improved dramatically over the last 5 years. The materials may not feel as soft, but I think the bags are more durable now.

I compared an anniversary reissue with a modern one the other day and the bags felt totally different in every way.

For a while, caviar was being made in "soft" or "iridescent" or iridescent shiny" or "iridescent rubbery" or "iridescent whatever" and none of them was like the regular old stiff sturdy caviar of old. I'm glad to hear that they are finally going back to that kind of caviar. That's the stuff that's made like iron. You could probably run over it with a Mack truck and it would survive. The soft stuff would smush.

My 2005 anniversary 2.55 is built to take heavy use and still look great. I've had it since it was new, so maybe that's a factor. I think it's actually better than the ones I recently bought. In between those dates they vary.

Snowbubble, is your little gadget only good for microscopic pics or can it be use to take normal pic but improved quality of iPhone camera? I'm excited to find this little thing, I hate carrying bulky cameras on trips.

The one I have comes with 3 lens (fish eye, wide lens and macro), it is pretty clear, I love using the wide lens it makes my photos look professional.
The best part is, its so tiny i just throw it in my bag. :smile:

I wouldn't say it improves the quality of the photographs, but it magnifies pretty well.

Last edited:
I soooo have to get one of these things, too! Since my jeweler back east closed shop (I'm still in tears over that one), I could use it to inspect my own prongs and stuff. You must have the iphone5S as the camera on that is way improved over the 5. I've a friend who buys every new gadget anyone makes, and I was stunned by the difference in the quality. I'm waiting for the 6...hurry hurry!

Indeed, save these photos for the cops to send out for DNA/MCA* to identify your bag.

*Microscopic camera analysis

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yes! DNA/MCA analysis!

Yes I have a iphone 5s that phone has spoiled me, I stopped using my real camera nowadays.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yes! DNA/MCA analysis!

Yes I have a iphone 5s that phone has spoiled me, I stopped using my real camera nowadays.

Aha! I knew it had to be that camera/phone! It's so amazing how much difference there is between one year in terms of that camera, but it's HUGE. So now I need to tell my friend about this gadget...right after I find one myself! Ooooh does it work with the flashlight app so it can light up the area you want to look at? That would really be great for looking at jewelry! A loupe in a lens!

Aha! I knew it had to be that camera/phone! It's so amazing how much difference there is between one year in terms of that camera, but it's HUGE. So now I need to tell my friend about this gadget...right after I find one myself! Ooooh does it work with the flashlight app so it can light up the area you want to look at? That would really be great for looking at jewelry! A loupe in a lens!

I never tried using the flashlight with photographs before, since light usually washes out my photos.

I just tried it, i open to the video setting with flash setting on, its really clear. :biggrin: