Has date code font style changed or just different for different bags?

smadden67

Aug 19, 2010
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out or know the answer to this question. Did LV recently change the font style & size a bit on the date code stamps? Or do different bags have different font styles? Although, I have seen the same font size on both a neverfull and a speedy before but I purchased a speedy 35 azur in store 3 weeks ago and the letters and numbers are definitely a bit different size and style. Please see pics I've uploaded. First pic is my neverfull and the font style I've been used to for years and the 2nd photo is my new speedy. Look at the difference especially on the S & D. Is this something new. I'd hate to think I got a fake at the LV store so just wondering if they changed it. The leather is also really not changing color yet and I've had it sitting out to get air. The bag itself seems fine, handles are right size and side tag Louis Vuitton Paris is font stamp is fine. Just curious. image.jpg

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out or know the answer to this question. Did LV recently change the font style & size a bit on the date code stamps? Or do different bags have different font styles? Although, I have seen the same font size on both a neverfull and a speedy before but I purchased a speedy 35 azur in store 3 weeks ago and the letters and numbers are definitely a bit different size and style. Please see pics I've uploaded. First pic is my neverfull and the font style I've been used to for years and the 2nd photo is my new speedy. Look at the difference especially on the S & D. Is this something new. I'd hate to think I got a fake at the LV store so just wondering if they changed it. The leather is also really not changing color yet and I've had it sitting out to get air. The bag itself seems fine, handles are right size and side tag Louis Vuitton Paris is font stamp is fine. Just curious. View attachment 2566919

image.jpg

If you purchased at LV, it's not rational to worry that you received a fake. Enjoy your bag.:smile:
Of course it's rational. Even they make mistakes or one slips thru on a return. I've returned bags before and never have I seen them check the date code to be sure. I'm just asking if they've switched font style or different bags are different because there is definitely a difference in the style & size of the S & D

I agree with the comment above.
If you bought it at LV it's not fake.
LV changed the tagging system in the US in 2012.
That is the way they are now.
Enjoy your bag! :smile:
Thank you that's the answer to my question. Being told it's not rational to question it if bought at store was not an answer to my question. I didn't know whether it had changed so I asked. I didn't expect to told in a condescending tone that I'm not rational to question It lol you should always question something you're not sure about especially when $1000 is involved & they do make mistakes sometimes. I've seen it.

But thank you marxmikemom for answering the actual question

Thank you that's the answer to my question. Being told it's not rational to question it if bought at store was not an answer to my question. I didn't know whether it had changed so I asked. I didn't expect to told in a condescending tone that I'm not rational to question It lol you should always question something you're not sure about especially when $1000 is involved & they do make mistakes sometimes. I've seen it.

But thank you marxmikemom for answering the actual question

Your welcome! Congrats on your new bag! You picked a pretty one for Spring and Summer!

Your new speedy has the same font of datencode with the nf i bought last year..SD too..definitely not fake..i think i heard it happen in the LV philippines. A friend of my uncle bought a bag from there. When she went to visit an lv store in UK the SA pointed out that her bag is fake. She even showed the receipt but they still said its fake...i think its either an inside job or another customer duped them into returning a fake bag with real receipt....mistakes happen..

Of course it's rational. Even they make mistakes or one slips thru on a return. I've returned bags before and never have I seen them check the date code to be sure. I'm just asking if they've switched font style or different bags are different because there is definitely a difference in the style & size of the S & D

The font does vary slightly depending on the bag. You have to remember where it is being stamped is different, so the font will be also. The font on the NF isn't exactly the same as the Alma, speedy or pochette and etc. Some bags are stamped directly on the lining so those vary as well. If you are comparing stamps it should be the same style bag. If you compare your speedy stamp to other speedies, it's exactly the same. Usually when you do a return they take the bag to the back to inspect it, so you might have seen them check it.

No need to question a bag that's from the boutique as others have stated.