From PurseBlog ~ 11 Great Ways to Start your Collection!

PBinsider

Purse Blog Insider
May 9, 2013
I thought this was a great selection of handbags to start your collection.

What do you think?
Did your first designer or designer bag make the list?
What would you add, what would you take away.

We would love to hear from you.

I know I for one wish I had invested in one of these (in black) instead of a couple of other totes I spent money on.

Longchamp-Le-Pliage-Cuir-Bag.jpg

You can view the gallery here. There are lots of great suggestions!

I thought this was a great selection of handbags to start your collection.

What do you think?
Did your first designer or designer bag make the list?
What would you add, what would you take away.

We would love to hear from you.

I know I for one wish I had invested in one of these (in black) instead of a couple of other totes I spent money on.

Longchamp-Le-Pliage-Cuir-Bag.jpg

You can view the gallery here. There are lots of great suggestions!
I just wanted to tell you that I love that your Avatar is Connie Corleone watching Don Altobello die from her poisoned cannoli's in The Godfather III.

I LOVE that yellow and the leather LP is a great first bag, but the colour is not great for someone just starting to collect. Unless they are very sure of themselves they'll prob want some traditional/classic colours first, fit for chucking around at weekends and suitable for work.

If anyone asked me, I would recommend a shopper tote in a mid-dark neutral colour that will go with most of their wardrobe and won't show the dirt too much, a smart structured shoulder bag in an all-year round colour, something fun and inexpensive for Summer days, a day/eve clutch and a work satchel in work-friendly colour (depends on their work)

I LOVE that yellow and the leather LP is a great first bag, but the colour is not great for someone just starting to collect. Unless they are very sure of themselves they'll prob want some traditional/classic colours first, fit for chucking around at weekends and suitable for work.

If anyone asked me, I would recommend a shopper tote in a mid-dark neutral colour that will go with most of their wardrobe and won't show the dirt too much, a smart structured shoulder bag in an all-year round colour, something fun and inexpensive for Summer days, a day/eve clutch and a work satchel in work-friendly colour (depends on their work)

I totally agree with you. The bag is great but I would have started with black. That would be a great first designer purchase, really.