Help on this LV bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeyshona

Feb 22, 2014
Hello, my boyfriend's mum gave me her old LV bucket bag as she thought this design was too 'young' for her now! She bought it 10+ years ago and she did not keep the dustbag, receipt or any authenticity cards. I am very new to LV and I don't really know anything about this brand. Could someone kindly let me know if this is authentic and if so, may I know what season/year and the name of this bag? Let me know if you need any more pics, I'll be happy to upload more! There is no serial number on this bag either.

Oh and can someone let me know if the bag is missing something? It seemed like its missing the drawstring part as I have to manually tie a bow to the bag if I want it to be secured!

Thanks in advance!

Hello, my boyfriend's mum gave me her old LV bucket bag as she thought this design was too 'young' for her now! She bought it 10+ years ago and she did not keep the dustbag, receipt or any authenticity cards. I am very new to LV and I don't really know anything about this brand. Could someone kindly let me know if this is authentic and if so, may I know what season/year and the name of this bag? Let me know if you need any more pics, I'll be happy to upload more! There is no serial number on this bag either.

Oh and can someone let me know if the bag is missing something? It seemed like its missing the drawstring part as I have to manually tie a bow to the bag if I want it to be secured!

Thanks in advance!

Monogram Petit Noe.

For authenticity, you will need to contact a third party authentication service as there is no online sale link for the authenticators to use.

The Petit Noe has been around for a very long time so impossible to date it for you without using the datecode. This can be located by gently pulling the strap away from where it attaches to the bag - hidden there is the datecode (LV bags don't have serial numbers, just datecodes).

This listing shows you where the datecode is hidden (thought a picture might explain it better):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Authent...476?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item2a3a1d618c

No nothing is missing, manually tying a bow is how this bag fastens.

Monogram Petit Noe.

For authenticity, you will need to contact a third party authentication service as there is no online sale link for the authenticators to use.

The Petit Noe has been around for a very long time so impossible to date it for you without using the datecode. This can be located by gently pulling the strap away from where it attaches to the bag - hidden there is the datecode (LV bags don't have serial numbers, just datecodes).

This listing shows you where the datecode is hidden (thought a picture might explain it better):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Authent...476?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item2a3a1d618c

No nothing is missing, manually tying a bow is how this bag fastens.

Thank you so much! :smile: Had a hard time finding the date code as that area has already turned greenish. It's AR0916!

Thanks! Do all LV bags have this date code?

I think the format changed at some point. You can find lots of information about the date codes here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/date-codes/

Edit* I checked the date code thread and in the nineties it was MYMY, so your bag was actually made in January 96. (You still should have it authenticated. Just the date code doesn't guarantee anything.)

Last edited:
I think the format changed at some point. You can find lots of information about the date codes here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/date-codes/

Edit* I checked the date code thread and in the nineties it was MYMY, so your bag was actually made in January 96. (You still should have it authenticated. Just the date code doesn't guarantee anything.)

Thanks! My bf mum says she did buy it from the LV store so I don't really doubt the authenticity of it since I don't plan to sell it off or anything! Thank you so much for your help :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.