Ever feel like you can't carry your LV somewhere?

aegisshi

Mar 18, 2014
I just bought my first ever LV bag (a pre-loved DE Duomo) a few weeks ago and I have yet to carry it anywhere!

I live in a small town in Virginia, where you don't see many LV's on younger women like myself. Around here, you usually see more monogram canvas bags on middle aged women who are obviously well off and like to show it.

I bought a pre-loved DE Josephine wallet at the same time and I've felt comfortable enough to venture out with it, but I do get a lot of glares from all different kinds of people around here which is why I haven't carried the bag out yet.

Does anyone else live in a small town? Do you get dirty looks when you carry your LV bag?

People tell me that people stare at my bags a lot but I don't ever notice anymore lol. Once you start carrying it you don't even notice any attention you may be getting. Plus in a small town a lot of people may not even know about the ebene line at all. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I just bought my first ever LV bag (a pre-loved DE Duomo) a few weeks ago and I have yet to carry it anywhere!

I live in a small town in Virginia, where you don't see many LV's on younger women like myself. Around here, you usually see more monogram canvas bags on middle aged women who are obviously well off and like to show it.

I bought a pre-loved DE Josephine wallet at the same time and I've felt comfortable enough to venture out with it, but I do get a lot of glares from all different kinds of people around here which is why I haven't carried the bag out yet.

Does anyone else live in a small town? Do you get dirty looks when you carry your LV bag?
maybe they don't like your shoes….. :smile: I think you are making an assumption about people glaring at you because you feel insecure in yourself. Just get out there and enjoy your bags. Most women wear jewellery everyday worth thousands of dollars so don't even give it another thought.

I live in a major city so everyone has them. I feel like DE is a little more unique so I tend to carry those bags at work more often. I really think its fine to carry them wherever you like,but if they are your first, I understand the feeling :smile:

I live in a small town in the UK and it does feel a little weird wearing designer items. I'm struggling finding anyone who would enjoy design and quality the way I do. I don't care much about people on the street but I can't ignore people at work so I ended up use my LV bags as weekend or occasional bags. I really want a neverful for everyday bag at the moment though. lol

I live in a small town in the UK and it does feel a little weird wearing designer items. I'm struggling finding anyone who would enjoy design and quality the way I do. I don't care much about people on the street but I can't ignore people at work so I ended up use my LV bags as weekend or occasional bags. I really want a neverful for everyday bag at the moment though. lol

I used to feel the same however now I think people at work have no right to say anything, some of them have expensive cars and no one bats and eyelash.

Haters gonna hate

It's all about confidence. If you are self conscious about the bag you're carrying, people will pick up on your insecurity. So wear your LV as though it was just another gift from one of your many swains, the short froggy one, prince though he may be. Exude confidence and people will attribute that indefinable "It" to you and not your LV.

Last edited:
I used to feel the same however now I think people at work have no right to say anything, some of them have expensive cars and no one bats and eyelash.

Haters gonna hate

I know but I try to avoid any problems at work. I want to come to work and just work peacefully. You wouldn't believe how many evil eyes around when I go express milk in a play room. I have a 7 month-old and yes I could stop breastfeeding already but my baby is allergic to everything in the world and I just think if I still have milk why not feed him instead of sitting in pain.

I know but I try to avoid any problems at work. I want to come to work and just work peacefully. You wouldn't believe how many evil eyes around when I go express milk in a play room. I have a 7 month-old and yes I could stop breastfeeding already but my baby is allergic to everything in the world and I just think if I still have milk why not feed him instead of sitting in pain.

Sounds like your colleagues are annoyed that you're back at work if still feeding your child and taking breaks that they're not receiving! That's just human nature a lot of the time.

Anyway, no I don't feel the need to leave my bags/accessories at home on any occasion. I buy the bags/accessories because I like them and want to carry them.

I don't know why anyone would 'glare' at a bag - it's not as though it has done anything wrong. And even though I carry LV, I never really notice what bags other people are carrying.

I feel uncomfortable sometimes carrying a bag that is very obviously designer. I have been using my DE Neverfull for work recently and when I decided to dress it up with my Fleur de Monogram charm I had so many people staring at it/me on the metro. I just felt really uncomfortable. I save the charm for use on my days off now as I live in a fairly prosperous town where a lot of women carry designer stuff and you don't get so many looks.

I also don't use my Chanel flap on public transport for this reason but I would be the first to acknowledge that this is silly and I should enjoy my nice bags and accessories since I have worked hard for them!

Really don't mean to be snarky, but I don't understand this mentality. Wear what you like! Life is too short to worry about what other people think.

Have fun and enjoy your bags.

Diane

maybe they don't like your shoes….. :smile: I think you are making an assumption about people glaring at you because you feel insecure in yourself. Just get out there and enjoy your bags. Most women wear jewellery everyday worth thousands of dollars so don't even give it another thought.

I never thought about the jewelry thing! That puts things into better perspective, thank you :smile:

I think life is too short to worry about what other people are thinking. As long as you're not harming anyone else, do what you like! Obviously for safety reasons, don't go anywhere dangerous/too quiet while head to toe in designer items, but other than that - they're just bags. If anyone has an issue with what you're carrying, it's certainly not your problem!