Just so we're clear....DE totally safe from rain?

sushigirl

Jun 5, 2008
I ask because I tend to be kinda nutty with my bags aka:overprotective. Recently I've been trying to "relax" a bit and enjoy my bags. It's been rainy here lately and I was planning to use my bloomie and hubby freaked! He said "not in the rain!!"

I thought that was the whole POINT of getting a DE purse- so I don't have to worry about pesky things like rain... Am I right?;)

I ask because I tend to be kinda nutty with my bags aka:overprotective. Recently I've been trying to "relax" a bit and enjoy my bags. It's been rainy here lately and I was planning to use my bloomie and hubby freaked! He said "not in the rain!!"

I thought that was the whole POINT of getting a DE purse- so I don't have to worry about pesky things like rain... Am I right?;)
Yup, I took my DE speedy and let my sister wear my bloomsbury in the pouring down rain and it was fine. :rain: I did immediately wiped the bags down with a towel when I got in the car. Honestly I wouldn't make a habit of it, my only concern is premature wear on the hardware because of the rain water.

Yup, I took my DE speedy and let my sister wear my bloomsbury in the pouring down rain and it was fine. :rain: I did immediately wiped the bags down with a towel when I got in the car. Honestly I wouldn't make a habit of it, my only concern is premature wear on the hardware because of the rain water.
Good point. :faint:

I wear my DEs all the time, if it wasn't for DE canvas I would not be able to enjoy LV in Seattle - the city known for its rain :smile:

Awww, how sweet of your hubby to *protect* you AND your purse! Yes, DE is fine out in the rain. I sometimes carry an Envirosax (thin nylon recycle bag) just in case it downpours...