Rockstud bag fans - pls help with hardware and colors?

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Hello Valentino gals - this is my first post here. Been hunting high and low for a double-handle plus shoulder strap tote that has some cool edge but not so "it" that it will look dated quickly. I think the Rockstud Trapeze might be the one!!!

But as I research on e-commerce sites, I'm so confused about the hardware. The Valentino website lists the studs as "platinum" (first picture), Ssense says "gold-tone" (2nd picture), and Farfetch says "gold-tone" (third) when the Farfetch bag actually looks to the eye more silver. Are there different colors of hardware...does each bag color come in options for gold or silver, or all they all a pale gold in-between color?

Attachments

• val2.jpg
    val2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 773
  • ssense.jpg
    ssense.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 763
  • ff2.jpg
    ff2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 776
Second question is...what color?

I'm usually not drawn to black bags. I wear so much black in my wardrobe that a pop color might be good, and also want it to be multi-seasonal. Right now my everyday bag is gray and find that goes with everything.

Or...the navy is so classly. But the red! Help me decide!

Attachments

• val.jpg
    val.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 744
  • val3.jpg
    val3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 750
There are different colors studs, classic, noir, techno, punk, red, etc. But all of the ones you posted above are the same shade. I like to call them "platino". It's a mix of gold and silver, not quite one or the other. I actually think it's pretty cool, because some girls have a real hard time deciding hardware colors, and this takes out the guess work.

There are different colors studs, classic, noir, techno, punk, red, etc. But all of the ones you posted above are the same shade. I like to call them "platino". It's a mix of gold and silver, not quite one or the other. I actually think it's pretty cool, because some girls have a real hard time deciding hardware colors, and this takes out the guess work.

Thanks LabelLover - that makes sense! I just found another two comparables on Farfetch. The first is listed as "gold-tone" but I think it's what you've said that it's palentino. The second says "silver" and seems to be made in a more textured leather. There are the same ones in red too, where the smooth calf version is in palentino and the textured leather with silver...could there be different color hardware for different leathers?

So hard to choose...maybe I'd better wait until I can play with them in person ;)

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 775
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 720
Thanks LabelLover - that makes sense! I just found another two comparables on Farfetch. The first is listed as "gold-tone" but I think it's what you've said that it's palentino. The second says "silver" and seems to be made in a more textured leather. There are the same ones in red too, where the smooth calf version is in palentino and the textured leather with silver...could there be different color hardware for different leathers?

So hard to choose...maybe I'd better wait until I can play with them in person ;)

It will all be that same silver/gold. Sometimes it really looks silver, other times it looks pale gold. The color of the bag makes a difference as to what shade the studs tend to look as well.

As for the color, Valentino red is the best red on the planet. It's not too dark ,not too light. Just a perfect lipstick/rose red. So it will be perfect with your black wardrobe and for year round use.

It will all be that same silver/gold. Sometimes it really looks silver, other times it looks pale gold. The color of the bag makes a difference as to what shade the studs tend to look as well.

As for the color, Valentino red is the best red on the planet. It's not too dark ,not too light. Just a perfect lipstick/rose red. So it will be perfect with your black wardrobe and for year round use.

Thank you again LabelLover - this is SOOOOO helpful! Maybe you can help with one more thing. I agree Valentino red is incredible...but again, confusion on website about "red".

The first pic is from the Valentino website listed as "red". The second is from the Valentino site listed as "maroon". The third is from Farfetch and is listed as "red" but is way darker...is it maroon or another color altogether? I do like a darker red, like a burgundy. What do you think?

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 720
  • maroon.jpg
    maroon.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 689
  • ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 732
Thank you again LabelLover - this is SOOOOO helpful! Maybe you can help with one more thing. I agree Valentino red is incredible...but again, confusion on website about "red".

The first pic is from the Valentino website listed as "red". The second is from the Valentino site listed as "maroon". The third is from Farfetch and is listed as "red" but is way darker...is it maroon or another color altogether? I do like a darker red, like a burgundy. What do you think?

They are three different shades. If you like darker reds, go for one of the bottom two. I would say the maroon is closer to red than the farfetch.