Wear on corner of lamb skin bag?

leeney84

Dec 10, 2013
Hi ladies

I've been reading all about how lamb is tougher than I think it is, esp after it develops a patina. I find this to be true for scratches, but one thing that's happened to my bag over time is that the corners are starting to become worn over time - that is, some of the leather on the corners have rubbed off. Putting meltonian or other conditioner on the leather only darkens it and makes it more noticeable.

So my question is: Is there any way to fix the corners? Does chanel refurbishment fix corners and if so, would it involve resting the bag? The rest of my bag is pristine so id love to not redye the lamb and lose its texture.

Thanks for the advice!

Hi ladies

I've been reading all about how lamb is tougher than I think it is, esp after it develops a patina. I find this to be true for scratches, but one thing that's happened to my bag over time is that the corners are starting to become worn over time - that is, some of the leather on the corners have rubbed off. Putting meltonian or other conditioner on the leather only darkens it and makes it more noticeable.

So my question is: Is there any way to fix the corners? Does chanel refurbishment fix corners and if so, would it involve resting the bag? The rest of my bag is pristine so id love to not redye the lamb and lose its texture.

Thanks for the advice!
No worries, it sounds like a small repair. I would take the bag to Chanel.

Hi ladies

Thanks for the advice!

I would love to know too, please share if Chanel would do touch ups ( re dyeing corners etc). Thanks!

This happened with my 10C yellow lambskin bag :sad: Had to re die the entire bag to match the "touch ups". While it came out looking brand new again it scared me away from lambskin pretty much all together and have since reminded myself about this every time I see a beautiful lamb color

This happened with my 10C yellow lambskin bag :sad: Had to re die the entire bag to match the "touch ups". While it came out looking brand new again it scared me away from lambskin pretty much all together and have since reminded myself about this every time I see a beautiful lamb color

Oh really? Wow, They had to re dye the whole bag. That's gonna cost a lot, I'll keep wearing until my entire bag become discolored lol, and then send it for re dye.
Ps: 10C yellow is beautiful color as well.

Oh really? Wow, They had to re dye the whole bag. That's gonna cost a lot, I'll keep wearing until my entire bag become discolored lol, and then send it for re dye.

If I remember correctly it was about $300? Again it was awhile ago. I actually ended up seeing the bag and purchasing the 10C yellow caviar which I adore :smile:

This is good to know!! At least there is some comfort in the fact that if something DOES happen, the bags can be re-dyed … And $300 isn't too bad considering the actual price of the bag … Still, what a pain!

Corner and edge wear are inevitable with use, regardless of leather type. Both lambskin and caviar are susceptible to this type of wear, over time.

Moreover, the bag was probably redyed b/c the repair (dye used for the touch up) was not an exact match to the color of the rest of the bag. Not because the entire bag needed to be redyed, per se.

It depends on how difficult it is to match a dye to the color of your bag... and how hard you are on your bags.

Oh boy, I hope I won't feel this way in few month or yrs down the line. Most my bags are Lambies :sad:

GL! :smile: