Roger Vivier shoes

Courtesy Madison Avenue Spy:

Roger Vivier
We expect this sale to have a turnout of epic proportions. During the last sale, the line stretched around a full Avenue and the wait for checking out was more than an hour. We suggest, waiting until Saturday evening to tackle this sale. Expect to find classic buckle shoes were 50% and non-buckle shoes were discounted 60%. Last time around everything was discounted an extra 25% off on the last day. Before waiting in line, remember that the seasonal discount is 40% off during the seasonal sale at the Madison Avenue boutique.

Friday, March 28th through Tuesday, April 1st
Fri 10am-7pm, Sat to Mon 9am-6:30pm, Tues 9am-5pm
Soiffer Haskin, 317 W. 33rd St. (near 8th Ave.)

Courtesy Madison Avenue Spy:

Roger Vivier
We expect this sale to have a turnout of epic proportions. During the last sale, the line stretched around a full Avenue and the wait for checking out was more than an hour. We suggest, waiting until Saturday evening to tackle this sale. Expect to find classic buckle shoes were 50% and non-buckle shoes were discounted 60%. Last time around everything was discounted an extra 25% off on the last day. Before waiting in line, remember that the seasonal discount is 40% off during the seasonal sale at the Madison Avenue boutique.

Friday, March 28th through Tuesday, April 1st
Fri 10am-7pm, Sat to Mon 9am-6:30pm, Tues 9am-5pm
Soiffer Haskin, 317 W. 33rd St. (near 8th Ave.)

Wow, don't know why that posted twice.

As a note, I am a size 38 and there was practically no merchandise in my size at the previous sales. There were oodles of very small and very large sizes so if you fall into that category then you're in luck.

If you're a regular size then you should probably buck up to standing in line so you can find anything.

And of course the good handbags disappear in a flash.

In today's WWD:

March 28, 2014
Roger Vivier Fetes Codes Collection in N.Y.
By ROXANNE ROBINSON
WWD Issue 03/28/2014

MIRA’S MIA: “We’re kind of a weird company,” said Roger Vivier’s brand ambassador Inès de la Fressange while addressing the bevy of socials and editors who had gathered to celebrate the spring Vivier Codes collection and its current muse Miroslava Duma. The quintessential Parisian, who puffed on her electronic cigarette throughout the night, offered that as an explanation for why the night’s cohost was not in attendance. The real reason was that Duma was stuck in Moscow due to an illness for which her doctor forbade her to travel.
Free Preview
De la Fressange added, “In case some of you don’t know Mira, she is a workaholic, wears a lot of color, not that tall, cute and gets 60,000 likes when she posts Roger Vivier on her Instagram.” She went on to explain the importance of having a “face” of each collection with a social media presence, as the brand doesn’t do traditional ad campaigns. Once again Olivia Bee was the photographer enlisted to capture Duma in the world of Roger Vivier.

RELATED STORY: Roger Vivier Taps Miroslava Duma for Spring Campaign >>

To celebrate the fashion media star’s heritage, the dinner was held at the New York outpost of popular Russian eatery Mari Vanna, where guests such as Frédéric Fekkai with Shirin von Wulffen, Anh Duong, Hannah Bronfman, Lily Kwong, Ambra Medda and Vivier chief executive officer Roberto Lorenzini with his fiancée Sierra Anderson enjoyed traditional fare such as blinis with caviar, beef stroganoff and beet salad. The tables were peppered with individual engraved shot glasses of the guests’ names and personal floral bouquets as place cards that were created by Taylor Tomasi Hill’s new floral venture @TTHBlooms.

Mizhattan tweets from an hour ago:

SALE UPDATE: No restocking at the Roger Vivier sample sale. What's out is it. Shoppers sized 39 and above should only attend.

SALE UPDATE: Limit of 10 shoes per person. Lots of ladies buying 10.

Wow, don't know why that posted twice.

As a note, I am a size 38 and there was practically no merchandise in my size at the previous sales. There were oodles of very small and very large sizes so if you fall into that category then you're in luck.

If you're a regular size then you should probably buck up to standing in line so you can find anything.

And of course the good handbags disappear in a flash.

😥😥😥I'm size 38 too.... There goes the idea of stop by over the weekend

This, courtesy of Mizhattan:

Long before there was the red sole or the incredibly weightless BB, there was the buckle. Known as the Fabergé of Footwear, French cobbler Monsieur Roger Vivier first invented stiletto heels back in the fabulous fifties. Fast-forward to 2003, French-Italian designer Bruno Frisoni took over the reins and revamped the brand. Today, La Maison Vivier has a fanatical cult following and today's sample sale was proof.

Even though I expected an outrageous turnout, I was still impressed when I arrived at the sale this morning and saw the 100 or so early bird shoppers (some waiting in line as early as yesterday evening) queued up in front of Soiffer Haskin. By 8:30am, the line had stretched beyond 9th Ave and had approximately 400+ people shivering in the cold. Mercifully, the doors opened an hour earlier than scheduled at 9am.

After a quick mandatory coat check, I entered the sale space and headed right towards the iconic buckles and red boxes. Prices didn't seem to differ much compared to last year with most buckles on sale between $300 and $350. But I did notice a glaring difference in the availability of sizes. Though I spotted Decollete pumps, Belle Vivier flats, Belle De Nuit pumps, Gommette ballerinas, and d'Orsay flats, the chances of smaller sized shoppers finding a fitting pair of shoes proved to be nearly impossible. Almost all buckles in size 38 and below were gone by the time I made it in. And it's not like I took my sweet time getting up this morning. It was quite the contrary as I was part of the first contingent of shoppers let inside the sale. Therefore, I was seriously disappointed when I learned of the short supply of sizes compared to the wealth in various styles of shoes that were on hand. And so, I moved on.

Unlike the footwear, the handbag section proved to be more interesting than I expected. Though I didn't find any Prismick totes, there were lots of Miss Viv handbags. Miss Viv shoulder bags were priced between $750~$1,995 and were available in various colors like black patent (like this one), red, maroon, blue, and yellow (9th & 10th photo below). In addition, Miss Viv was also available in mini versions (suitable for evening occasions) with colors ranging from satin pink to chic black (14th photo below). Prices on mini Miss Viv were around $525. Other than the iconic Miss Vivs, prices for other handbags and clutches were $500~$875. As for accessories, three long tables near the cash registers held a modest variety of wallets, gloves, belts, and jewelry. It took me less than a minute to browse and even that was too much time wasted.

As much as I adore Roger Vivier and Inès de La Fressange's style, I would say this year's sale was not worth the time and certainly not worth the effort of braving several hours in the cold. There was practically nothing for sizes 38 and under and I was told merchandise would not be restocked. If you must, I would suggest checking out the handbag section when the crowds die down but this in itself isn't a stellar MizAdvice. Further reductions are highly unlikely but regardless I will make sure to keep you in the loop with any developing details. So check out the comment section below and feel free to drop a line to let me and your fellow Mizhattanites know how the sale panned out for you today.

All photos courtesy of Mizhattan and more photos of the sale can be seen on the Mizhattan blog site.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 9.20.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 9.20.16 PM.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,045
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 9.19.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 9.19.50 PM.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,072
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 9.19.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 9.19.23 PM.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,028
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 9.19.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 9.19.38 PM.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,032
Is there any size 38 left you see? Or it's very small sizes or very big sizes?

How much is the mark down? Still at 60%??

I stopped by the sale about midday today, and can confirm all of the previous intel. When it came to the classic buckle styles (Belle Vivier, Belle de Nuit, Chips, Gommette, etc.) there were essentially no sizes below 40 (other than a small number of 39s). Selection overall was very limited, e.g. fewer than 5-10 pairs each of Chips, 25mm Belle Viviers, 60mm Belle de Nuit. Essentially no classic, neutral colors (including dark blues, reds, metallics). A bit more of a selection for the higher heel Belle de Nuits. I didn't spend lots of time looking over the non-buckle styles so can't speak for them. The one plus was that there was no line, and the crowds were sparse!