I may have asked this before. Time to take out DA?

Feb 8, 2007
I may have asked this before but as you can tell I live in the northeast and the weather still hasn't warmed up yet. The winter that's never ending! Would like opinions about taking out my brand new DA Speedy now, or should I wait? Am dying to finally use her!!

I don't mean to sound ignorant but I've owned DE and SIG speedys and took them out in Rain and any other kind of weather. What makes people reluctant to use the DA in the rain? I feel like the cotton canvas can withstand anything.

I don't mean to sound ignorant but I've owned DE and SIG speedys and took them out in Rain and any other kind of weather. What makes people reluctant to use the DA in the rain? I feel like the cotton canvas can withstand anything.

It's not about the canvas at all to me. I personally don't use new vachetta in the rain to avoid water spots and an uneven patina.

It's not about the canvas at all to me. I personally don't use new vachetta in the rain to avoid water spots and an uneven patina.

Ahhh. Thanks! For some reason that doesn't bother me so much. Normally I wouldn't have gone for a lighter bag but I have been coveting a DA for years and finally did it. Being a teacher, there's always stuff flying around the room so I know its a risk, but I'm ok with that. I'm just not sure if it's too early to take it out yet even though Monday is April already!