Please suggest a cream with retinol

asik

Jul 1, 2012
I have been using Help Me Retinol from Philosophy but now I want to try something else. I'm 36 and starting to notice fine lines on my forehead that drive me crazy. Any suggestions? Thank you!

I was just about to post the exact same thing! I have also been using Help Me and it's almost out so I'm wondering if there is something even better. Did you find anything yet?

I was just about to post the exact same thing! I have also been using Help Me and it's almost out so I'm wondering if there is something even better. Did you find anything yet?

I have not noticed any changes after using 2 tubes of Help me. Now I think I'll choose between Retinol Serum from Paula's Choice and High Potency Evening Repair (also with retinol) from Perricone MD. Thanks everyone for great suggestions.

I am finishing a bottle of Paula Choice retinol serum. It doesn't work on my fine lines and I'm in my early 20's. Paula Choice retinol are weak for fine lines. I caution you that Retin A may cause skin discoloration.

I agree. You're going to pay for it anyway, get the real stuff

I agree too. Actually I found my Rx to be less than the department store product I was using. Minus the dr visit but I got refills on my Rx so that's a once a year thing and you should have a skin scan once a year anyway. That way you can get the visit covered by insurance except for your copay.

Get Prescription tretinoin cream. It is better than over the counter. Much more effective. It might be around $80 unless your insurance may cover some.

And $80 is for a huge tube, a small tube is about $26 and you get refills from the MD. I have never had skin discoloration, flaking? sure, when I first started using it or don't use it for awhile then restart. You just need to exfoliate and moisturize very well. Nothing beats the real stuff