Advertising Fakes Right on tPf?!

tobefetching

bagaddicted
O.G.
Jan 9, 2012
Am I the only one who thinks it's very wrong that the ad banners right on tPf advertise FAKES and COUNTERFEITS of the bags you love while viewing the various forums? Some less savvy people cruising tPf may assume that ads on the site would surely only show authentic goods, because this is a PURSE FORUM that supposedly is anti counterfeiting.

Fakes.jpg

I think someone asked/mentioned the same on another thread. Whether the ads were genuine or not.
But I am guessing the ads are based on your browser history.
Xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I think someone asked/mentioned the same on another thread. Whether the ads were genuine or not.
But I am guessing the ads are based on your browser history.
Xxxit.

A better solution is to report the ads to google ads team or to TPF so they can block that provider directly. Or go click around on Nordstrom, and you'll get all nordstrom ads all the time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would advise against this. It's not free to host and run TPF, and installing *******er is basically taking money from TPF-- money they use to provide this service for us.

A better solution is to report the ads to google ads team or to TPF so they can block that provider directly. Or go click around on Nordstrom, and you'll get all nordstrom ads all the time!!

You don't earn money from simply viewing the ads. I think it is when you click on it, they get revenue.
Google ads are based on your browser history, as far as I know. So each individual reporting the google ad may not be feasible. Hence when you click on Nordstrom, you get NS ads for a certain time.
tPF might be able to block that particular fake site though.

Of course they don't belong here, they somehow snuck through the filters Vlad has in place.
I'll move this to Feedback Dropbox where it belongs and flag it for Vlad. :smile:

You don't earn money from simply viewing the ads. I think it is when you click on it, they get revenue.
Google ads are based on your browser history, as far as I know. So each individual reporting the google ad may not be feasible. Hence when you click on Nordstrom, you get NS ads for a certain time.
tPF might be able to block that particular fake site though.

It definitely uses your browser history - I'm in the LV section of tPf and I was on the ACTUAL Louis Vuitton site today, nowhere else. Somehow apparently this is enough for fake sites to troll the tPf banners and advertise things that will catch your eye, posing as things that you're interested in. I do not visit counterfeit sites, ever... not even by mistake!

Thanks everyone for alerting us!!

We've set up pretty strict rules for Google on what can show and what can't but sometimes a bad ad slides in. And we didn't see it on our end, so you reporting it is a major help.

We never have and never will promote fakes!