My preloved jumbo flap arrived, with broken leather strap! :(

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
I purchased a preloved chanel jumbo and received it and the leather strap was broken. I emailed the seller and was NOT very nice about it and she accused me of doing it! She said I had buyer's remorse and too bad. Does anyone know how much it will cost to repair this and none of the leather seems to be like this. The rest in woven in and out and this part seemed completely different. Can anyone help.?

IMG_6706_zps2157b1e6.jpg

IMG_6705_zps3907a10f.jpg

IMG_6704_zps5667a855.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. First, I'm sorry that your seller didn't disclose it and is now giving you a hard time. Second, it's not "broken" all it needs is for that end to be stitched back down and it should be an easy repair.

You have 2 options. Go through with a SNAD dispute if you want to return & get a refund since your seller seems uncooperative OR if everything else is fine and you'd like to otherwise keep the bag, take it in to Chanel for repair which may take a few weeks.

It's up to you if you feel it's worth it to go the repair route. Again, I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Ok. First, I'm sorry that your seller didn't disclose it and is now giving you a hard time. Second, it's not "broken" all it needs is for that end to be stitched back down and it should be an easy repair.

You have 2 options. Go through with a SNAD dispute if you want to return & get a refund since your seller seems uncooperative OR if everything else is fine and you'd like to otherwise keep the bag, take it in to Chanel for repair which may take a few weeks.

It's up to you if you feel it's worth it to go the repair route. Again, I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

+1 Sorry as well; the repair is a very simple one of a matter of a few stitches. It could even be done by a good cobbler.

+1 Sorry as well; the repair is a very simple one of a matter of a few stitches. It could even be done by a good cobbler.

Good Idea about the cobbler. I wish I could have Chanel do this. I am in upstate NY and there aren't any Chanel boutiques near me. I think the nearest may be 5 or 6 hours away. The seller was very unkind about it. Thank you for your help. The rest of the bag is beautiful except a disclosed scratch on the bottom (not a big deal) . I just wish she even was nice about it:sad:

Good Idea about the cobbler. I wish I could have Chanel do this. I am in upstate NY and there aren't any Chanel boutiques near me. I think the nearest may be 5 or 6 hours away. The seller was very unkind about it. Thank you for your help. The rest of the bag is beautiful except a disclosed scratch on the bottom (not a big deal) . I just wish she even was nice about it:sad:

Let it reflect in your feedback for the seller.

You may sent pictures of your straps to your seller and ask for partial refund. Then you may take your bag to Chanel Boutique for repair and it will take up to 3 month. Good luck.

Don't worry sweetie my M/L strap is like this & I keep meaning to take it in for repair but keep forgetting, it's easy to fix but your seller is in the wrong for not telling you, hope you get some money back.

I'm so sorry!

If you decide to keep and repair, you mentioned you are in NY.........I have not used this repair company myself but have read many good things about it from friends and they are in NY. I have them bookmarked just in case I ever need them, here is their link: http://www.artbag.com/

Hope that helps! Many hugs!

I agree with taking it a trusted cobbler for repaid unless the entire bag needs a spa treatment with repair. Express yourself with giving her negative feedback.

Sadly, I am so disgusted now. I showed the strap to my husband and he turned the bag over to examine it and discovered his hand had a little black on it then we were able to see the bottom edges had some type of polish on them and there was undisclosed rub wear on the bottom edges. Unreal the bag was noted as in "new condition". I escalated to paypal but then the agent I spoke with mentioned I would have to get a statement from the boutique on all the damage as they were not going to take my pictures as proof. I do not live anywhere near a boutique. So unfair. The seller is saying the bag wasn't like that when they mailed it:sad:

I'm so sorry!

If you decide to keep and repair, you mentioned you are in NY.........I have not used this repair company myself but have read many good things about it from friends and they are in NY. I have them bookmarked just in case I ever need them, here is their link: http://www.artbag.com/

Hope that helps! Many hugs!

Thank you:smile: I wish I lived near by. I am in upstate NY:sad: I hope paypal will side with me and just let me return the bag.