Buyers Remorse or SNAD?

JuliJenn

Spring flash of color
O.G.
Jan 14, 2012
Good morning,

May I please ask for some advice? I am having some trouble with a buyer. I sold a PRADA dress that had some damage. I thought I was clear in the listing that the dress was damaged. The sale was no returns. I received this message today from my buyer:

Hi I received item really quick thanks. But I would like to return, color is not as pink as I thought, there's a more damage to shoulder and it's really heavy. I would like a full refund plus return shipping

Thanks

I will be okay with a return. I don't want to fight her. But I am worried about her reaction as it seems she doesn't want to have to pay to return it and wants her shipping fees refunded too. I thought I was clear that the dress was light pink/peach and I thought I was clear about the damage too, but please let me know if I was not.

The actual shipping was a lot more than what I charged her too, but if the right thing to do is refund her, I will. I am concerned with her damaging my perfect feedback but I know I can't help that. I am sending her this message back, please let me know what you think:

Good morning. Thank you for your message. I am sorry that you are not happy with your purchase. If you would like to return the dress for a refund of the sale price, I would be happy to accept your return. I am very sorry but the cost of shipping is non-refundable however, as I am not able to recoup that cost. If I may please let you know, I was clear in the listing about the damage to the shoulder with a close up photo and the color is light pink/peach as I stated in the listing as well. I also made sure to note that the price of the dress was due to the damage. Still, I do not want you to be unhappy, so please feel free to return the dress to me via a traceable method to: xxx Once received in the condition it was sent, I will be happy to refund your purchase price. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you again, and I hope you have a wonderful day! Kind regards,

This is the listing, in case it helps to show my description and photos. If I am in the wrong here, and I was remiss in my description and if I should pay her return shipping, please let me know and I will do so. Thank you all very much for your help! As always, I really appreciate it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151252693723

I would not refund her any shipping. The pictures in the body of the listing are large and clear.

Thank you, Poopsie. I will send her the email I was going to send now letting her know I will accept the return, but to please understand that I am not able to refund shipping. I'll update as to her response. Thank you so much for your help!

Okay. so I slightly adjusted my message to her. I guess now, I hold my breath and see how she responds.

Good afternoon ______. Thank you very much for your message. I am sorry that you are not happy with your purchase. Although the listing is no returns, if you would like to return the dress for a refund of the sale price, I would be happy to issue you a refund upon return of the dress.

If I may please let you know, I was careful to note for my buyers in the listing about the damage to the shoulder with a close up photo. The color was listed as light pink/peach as I stated in the listing and showed photos of as well. I also made sure to note that the low price of this Prada dress was due to the damage. Please kindly understand, I am very sorry but the cost of shipping is non-refundable, as I am not able to recoup that cost.

Still, I definitely do not want you to be unhappy, so please feel free to return the dress to me via a traceable method to: xxxx. Once received, I will be happy to refund your purchase price. If you have any other questions or if I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you again, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Kind regards

With this money back guarantee thing, since I have accepted the return, but not accepted the shipping payment too, am I in danger of losing both money and dress?

I wouldn't refund shipping. Those pictures speak loud and clear. What a pretty dress! If it were my daughter's size, I'd buy it for her in a heartbeat.

Thank you so much, Portoar! It is a beautiful dress! The only reason I was selling was because it was too big for me. I thought I was giving someone a great deal, but...Well, I'm just afraid of what can happen if a buyer is unhappy. I sent her the message. She hasn't replied to me yet. I'm just really afraid I could lose the dress to her and the money she paid for it. Just over shipping. I'll be holding my breath until I hear back. Thank you so much for your kind reply. :smile:

Thank you so much, Portoar! It is a beautiful dress! The only reason I was selling was because it was too big for me. I thought I was giving someone a great deal, but...Well, I'm just afraid of what can happen if a buyer is unhappy. I sent her the message. She hasn't replied to me yet. I'm just really afraid I could lose the dress to her and the money she paid for it. Just over shipping. I'll be holding my breath until I hear back. Thank you so much for your kind reply. :smile:

You would not loose the dress and the money. If she opens the case, respond: "Return for the refund" and click on the appropriate option: Request buyer to return the item for a full refund. You will refund upon receipt. The refund will include original shipping, but she will have to return at her expense.

I agree that the pictures depict the color and condition and description further mentions it but perhaps in the future, a larger font and bold-faced type might further point out important details to buyers who rarely read wordy listings. The disclosure about the slipped stitches tends to get lost within the rest of the description.

(I'm not denying that the buyer had an obligation to read the full description and look at the pictures.)

I think your message is polite, respectful and doesn't blame her for not reading carefully and yes, she should pay shipping in both directions. (That's assuming a reasonable buyer.)

Your listing & decription as well as your pictures are very clear.

If your buyer did not read all the pertinent information describing the condition,
she has to assume some responsibility for that.

While your listing says all sales are final, you are being more than fair by accepting
the return.

Return shipping is on your buyer...

You would not loose the dress and the money. If she opens the case, respond: "Return for the refund" and click on the appropriate option: Request buyer to return the item for a full refund. You will refund upon receipt. The refund will include original shipping, but she will have to return at her expense.

Thank you, Love4mom. I appreciate the help. I was just worried about this new guaranteed refund thing. So, right now, I'll just wait to see what she does. If I lose the original shipping, I'll deal with it. Thank you so much for your post!

I agree that the pictures depict the color and condition and description further mentions it but perhaps in the future, a larger font and bold-faced type might further point out important details to buyers who rarely read wordy listings. The disclosure about the slipped stitches tends to get lost within the rest of the description.

(I'm not denying that the buyer had an obligation to read the full description and look at the pictures.)

I think your message is polite, respectful and doesn't blame her for not reading carefully and yes, she should pay shipping in both directions. (That's assuming a reasonable buyer.)

Thank you, BB! I appreciate your feedback and advice. I will take more care next time to make sure the details are more visible. I know I can get a bit too wordy.

She hasn't responded to my message yet, so I guess I just have to wait to see if she opens a case or agrees to just return the dress for a refund. I hope she is reasonable and just returns the dress. Thank you again so much for your time and your thoughts.

Your listing & decription as well as your pictures are very clear.

If your buyer did not read all the pertinent information describing the condition,
she has to assume some responsibility for that.

While your listing says all sales are final, you are being more than fair by accepting
the return.

Return shipping is on your buyer...

Thank you, Hotshot, very much! I have sent the message, and hope that she agrees to the return minus shipping. I will be back to post more as soon as I hear back from her. I guess her response determines my next step, Thank you again for your help! :smile:

Agreed. "It's not as pink as I thought" and "It's heavy" are not SNAD issues; this was not your error as a seller - she's simply changed her mind.

That is a gorgeous dress. I thought that as buyers we were obligated to pay return shipping when an item had more damage than we were told. In your case the pictures were clear and large, especially showing the color, I think t is fair that she can pay return shipping. Good luck!