the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJmeow, the pendant is gorgeous! That's a great example of carving which emphasizes the jade colors. Seems a more modern image somehow too...

Daisyshadow, the pendant is just lovely! It's such a nice contrast with your black blouse and black hair. Very nice!

Faithgrace, beautiful bangles.

thanks Germanshepard.

Ski Jadeite here. I found this fantastic Jade Thread (started with the old one) about a week ago while researching for my very first jadeite bangle. I have to thank you all lovely ladies for sharing all the knowledge -- not to mention your beautiful collections -- here. I was thinking about getting *one* bangle for my upcoming birthday. After seeing all the pictures, etc., oh boy, how I am in trouble now...

My family is in Singapore and I love shopping there!! Hope to visit Sing sometime soon so I could jade hunting there (and eat the yummy food). But for now I have to go online and if it's not too much trouble, would love a bit guidance and comments from you lovely ladies.

I ordered a bangle from UJ a few days ago. It's the bicolor white and apple green, fine texture, translucent, 54.2mm, D profile, usd 835. One note though:
"The width of white part (1/3 of the bangle) is slightly thinner (1.8mm) yet it's not very obvious when the bangle is on your wrist. There is a short stone line, which cannot be felt with your fingernail, near the edge as it can be seen in the last photo."

I will try to post a picture after this. For now, please feel free to comment -- getting my very first bangle at that price point with some obvious flaws.

Thanks in advance!

SkiJ

Hi SKij
welcome to the jade sisters family, and very happy for ur first bangle, and can't wait to see the mod pics. ur bangle look very lovely and lovely trio color too.

Welcome Ski! I can't wait to see that bangle in your hands! I have a friend who was eyeing that one and had it saved on her ebay list. jade fate: So many ppl admiring that bangle and yet no one bought it and you ended up with it. I guess basically jade fate means: if it's meant to be yours, you will find it and be able to buy it. :biggrin: I really don't think the flaw will be noticeable either but I'm glad they disclose that kind of thing.

Hey ladies, been out for a bit! I did a last minute kamikaze trip down to LA (drive down saturday night, drive back sunday night) over the weekend and I am exhausted. I was in the car longer than I was in L.A. :sweatdrop:

Did you guys see UJ has posted what I think are new pendants? I'm so in love with this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grade-Jadei...S_Fine_Necklaces_Pendants&hash=item338c429cd3

Hi, Ajmeow
that pendant look really nice, but to me i think it bit pricy, carving on the pendant is very unique and detailed, but one think about the pendant is button of one flower with brown color, it seem really dry.
one month ago i bough a bangle from UJ, it was 280, seller did not mention anything about crack lines and when i received the bangle i found out has 4 crack lines that i can felt with my finger nails@@.
So just keep in mind does ask seller about flaws and veins, and crack lines.

Last edited:
BTW, the German word for hedgehog is "Igel".
For that reason many German pupils think that an "eagle" is a hedgehog!

LOL ^_^

Then i was informed by the vet that Daisy had to be on long term medication. She has a thyroid prob. Now I understand y her weight shot up to 38 kg.

My Vasco had leishmaniosis and had to take a lot of meds. But he had a very good life with us though.

Had a recent scare when Precious, the giant lug lymph nodes all swelled up .
Lost my appetite and zzzz for days after that till blood test came back okay .

Ladies, your fur babies are/were truly blessed to have you :heart:

LOOK AT ME!!!!!! Aren't I handsome in my new JADE Necklace. Aunty Berniechocolate sent it to me and I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!

:love:

Best jade mod shot ever!!!

Agree ^_^

I discovered it because I had a 6 month period on loosing lots of hair, being cold all the time, with really dry elbows and heel callouses, depression and lethargy. Then I started bloating by retaining lots of water.

Thanks for sharing :heart:

Health is so important, and harder to balance as we age. I feel that these kids took a piece of my health that I sometimes think I will never get back, lol!

I am sure you are right claire. That is why we have to buy jades. LOL It makes us feel better.

:true: :true:

Have some exciting news to share.

Congrats dear :heart:

Mine has tons of flakes on one side and is more even with a dash of snow on the other.

Guess I'll call this YS lamby cos of this cute face. Lol.

You left out one sibling over here. :smile:

Lovely bangles ladies :heart:

Italy is the land of art and aesthetics, and ESPECIALLY fashion, purses and shoes. Walking through the streets of Florence and Lucca I saw mind blowing things. And I studied the way the people use fashion. No one just bought and bought and had enormous closets full of clothes. Not even very wealthy people. They found the absolute best fits, best fabrics, having them tailored...but just the key essentials are what they spent a lot of money on. And then they would use these wardrobe staples as basic structure. For fun and excitement, they mixed the classic basics in with a few cheaper, trendy pieces, and then KEY accessories. So fewer things, but so well chosen.

I read that the French and the Japanese are mostly like that too.

Daisy's glam shots with Moonie! :smile:

So cute :heart:

I am super glad we are big yk snow bangles jade family hug hug, and many love, :heart; :heart:

Nice !

Lusa, quality/value of jade can be broken into categories.

You amaze me, every time :heart:

Hello from Colorado, Ski Jadeite here.

Hi ^_^

Hi girls! What's up?

Hi Tiff, Jade is up. LOL

LOL :biggrin:

U can go to advance posting mode and attached the picture by picking out manage attachment HTH !

Thanks for the tip :heart:

Hi Lusa, nice to meet you.

Hi Lusa ^_^

Hugs hugs hugs! Gosh miss you all.

Miss you :heart:

I just emailed Allan to tell him that I wanted some white specks. So I guess it is decided.

Can't wait :nuts:

It is indeed a blessing to be alive, accounted for and chatting about mundane things and jade bangles here .

Couldn't agree more :heart:

DS is coughing and feverish, we took him to the doctors and doc confirms need for antibiotics as DS also has ear infections. Boo.

Poor kid, get well soon :heart:

Hi Miss Oinky.. Nice to meet you:smile:

:wave:

Hi SKij
Hi, Ajmeow
that pendant look really nice, but to me i think it bit pricy, carving on the pendant is very unique and detailed, but one think about the pendant is button of one flower with brown color, it seem really dry.
one month ago i bough a bangle from UJ, it was 280, seller did not mention anything about crack lines and when i received the bangle i found out has 4 crack lines that i can felt with my finger nails@@.
So just keep in mind does ask seller about flaws and veins, and crack lines.

Oh I'm not going to buy it. :biggrin: I have a jade necklace I wear all the time already. I'm just in love with the composition and how well placed the carving is.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with UJ though. So far I've found her photos to be very accurate and been very pleased with me and my friends' transactions with her. It's only been bangles though, not sure if that makes a difference.

DS: I never get tired of seeing Moony! :heart:

Hello sisters,
I was busy the last days but now I have more time again to chat with you.
I love the pictures of your Yukons. They are so interesting because of all the white and brown in them. Flynn is only green and black.

Welcome, Ski Jadeite!

Status
Not open for further replies.