Tangerine question

I am thinking of a medium (my usual size) veneta. I still want a cervo but in gray or another neutral color, as that is a large bag to me and since I recently sold my gray Sloane (too big for what little I carry) I am trying to think things out before purchasing. I am thinking that since I have begun wearing a lot of navy blues and fuchsias (not at the same time), that orange might make a good accent color. I need bright colored tops as I am pale and otherwise look like I should be embalmed. Because I do wear brights on top, I usually go for a neutral bag to balance things out. However, since I am now into my 10th month of retirement, I have decided that I need to step out of my comfort zone more often. I am usually very impulsive but am going to think about this (hopefully) for a day or two as the tangerine venetas are still on the web site. I did look for one at resale but didn't find any....they are probably too new. Any comments regarding my dilemma? I need all the advice I can get!!!
Let's face it....I am just rationalizing buying another bag. (I do have a violet veneta, which I love.)

Last edited:
I am thinking of a medium (my usual size) veneta. I still want a cervo but in gray or another neutral color, as that is a large bag to me and since I recently sold my gray Sloane (too big for what little I carry) I am trying to think things out before purchasing. I am thinking that since I have begun wearing a lot of navy blues and fuchsias (not at the same time), that orange might make a good accent color. I need bright colored tops as I am pale and otherwise look like I should be embalmed. Because I do wear brights on top, I usually go for a neutral bag to balance things out. However, since I am now into my 10th month of retirement, I have decided that I need to step out of my comfort zone more often. I am usually very impulsive but am going to think about this (hopefully) for a day or two as the tangerine venetas are still on the web site. I did look for one at resale but didn't find any....they are probably too new. Any comments regarding my dilemma? I need all the advice I can get!!!
Let's face it....I am just rationalizing buying another bag. (I do have a violet veneta, which I love.)
The thought process seems well constructed. I'm heading in the other direction as evidenced by the Walnut parachute. Because I tend to wear a lot of color in summer, I wanted a bag that would go with everything and be neutral.

That said, consider Fire Opal. It's a dreamy orange. Happy, warm but not freakishly bright. And true orange so it looked great with red, pink, navy, grey, white. It was a helluva look with green but that worked too! I've seen some mediums on the *Bay.

But this is one where it'd be good to consign or buy with return policy and try it on at home with all your stuff. You've got a vision in your head about how it will look but it might freak you out in reality.

The thought process seems well constructed. I'm heading in the other direction as evidenced by the Walnut parachute. Because I tend to wear a lot of color in summer, I wanted a bag that would go with everything and be neutral.

That said, consider Fire Opal. It's a dreamy orange. Happy, warm but not freakishly bright. And true orange so it looked great with red, pink, navy, grey, white. It was a helluva look with green but that worked too! I've seen some mediums on the *Bay.

But this is one where it'd be good to consign or buy with return policy and try it on at home with all your stuff. You've got a vision in your head about how it will look but it might freak you out in reality.
Good points. Thank you. I wore a lot more neutral clothing when I was still working. With something like this, I'd like to find it resale as I'm never really sure how my ideas will work out. I'll check ebay.

I saw the orange / tangerine in the store together with the trefle green. The orange is a true "fruit" orange colour and would be beautiful with dark browns and navy. I think it could even work with a fuchsia scarf! However, orange for me is not so good for my skintone - probably good on "spring" or " autumn" types on those colour wheel thingys.