Which Wallet?

chancy

O.G.
Oct 11, 2006
Hello!

I've been on the search for a Prada wallet.. I first saw the double snap wallet with a gold bar in Ottanio in Vegas a few months back and fell in love with it but didn't buy it as it was a bit pricey with currency conversion to CAD and taxes. I found out that a nearby Prada store can ship it to me but they actually have two versions of the double snap - One with the gold bar (that I originally saw) and one without (which I believe is the more common one). The gold bar one is $570 and the one without is $515. I need your advice! Is the extra gold bar worth $55 more? It also has a more simple 'Prada' logo... pictures are attached!

What are your thoughts? Which one should I get?

TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_2038.JPG
    IMG_2038.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_2039.JPG
    IMG_2039.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_2040.JPG
    IMG_2040.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 479
honestly this is all individual preference. i think it makes it look a little bit more like a clutch? i mean if you like gold hw then it makes sense to get the one with the bar.
but i guess one thing i would not like is if i throw my wallet in my bag, i wouldn't want the gold hw to get scratched up. hence the one without gold hardware might be better.

The gold bar is worth it if you prefer the wallet with the gold bar over the wallet without. In terms of how much you use a wallet, I would rather spend the $55 extra to get what I really wanted, as opposed to what I got as an alternative.

That being said, as taraa said, it is personal preference. While I prefer the squarer corners of the gold bar wallet, at the end of the day, get what appeals to you more :smile:

I agree with what's been said about preference, and use. The price difference is not big so that should be a very small factor (if at all). I personally prefer the one without the gold bar/trim because I tend to throw my wallet in with everything else in my bag, so I just might end up scratching the gold bar. But that's just me. :smile:

If you pick the one with the gold bar, just be aware that within 6 months - I imagine the gold will be wearing off and it will be a mix of gold and silver or all silver. It's just coated metal. I wouldn't get the gold bar if this is going to be a daily wallet. It will look awful when the color turns - and it will. Even the gold logos wear off. Because this will be rubbing up against things in your purse, not to mention you'll be touching it every time you open and close the wallet, I'm guessing it may even start to wear off or chip, peel and discolor within about three months.

If you're anything like me, you won't want to wear it when it looks a little cheap and used (when the gold color is tarnishing and literally wearing off) - and then it ends up being a very expensive mistake. The other one will last much longer and look nicer much longer. (Of course the color will eventually wear off on the prada gold insignia too - but it will be MUCH less noticeable than the gold bar).

If you pick the one with the gold bar, just be aware that within 6 months - I imagine the gold will be wearing off and it will be a mix of gold and silver or all silver. It's just coated metal. I wouldn't get the gold bar if this is going to be a daily wallet. It will look awful when the color turns - and it will. Even the gold logos wear off. Because this will be rubbing up against things in your purse, not to mention you'll be touching it every time you open and close the wallet, I'm guessing it may even start to wear off or chip, peel and discolor within about three months.

If you're anything like me, you won't want to wear it when it looks a little cheap and used (when the gold color is tarnishing and literally wearing off) - and then it ends up being a very expensive mistake. The other one will last much longer and look nicer much longer. (Of course the color will eventually wear off on the prada gold insignia too - but it will be MUCH less noticeable than the gold bar).

Oh wow, I had not thought of this !!! I was considering a similar style in Ferragamo, but shall rethink that too - see how great the forum is, we learn by other people's experience !!

Totally agree from experience :smile:

Thanks for your insight! Didn't think of this at all. I think I'm gonna hold off on a wallet now.. Just made an impulse purchase of a Miu Miu clutch ^^'

Thanks everyone for your comments!