Should I keep the Trevi GM?

cweetie

O.G.
May 7, 2011
So I purchased the Trevi Pre-loved after having bad preloved experiences in the past! This transaction went well :smile: However i'm 50/50 about keeping it! I really love the Trevi,but I feel like I may not use it as often as my other bags. I feel like it's so beautiful, but I don't want to just have it sit around to look at. I paid around $2,000 so should I keep it?

So I purchased the Trevi Pre-loved after having bad preloved experiences in the past! This transaction went well :smile: However i'm 50/50 about keeping it! I really love the Trevi,but I feel like I may not use it as often as my other bags. I feel like it's so beautiful, but I don't want to just have it sit around to look at. I paid around $2,000 so should I keep it?

It's a pretty bag, but personally I feel like that's a high price to pay for a canvas bag. I'd rather spend $1,000 more to get a empreinte bag.... But that's just my opinion.

It's a pretty bag, but personally I feel like that's a high price to pay for a canvas bag. I'd rather spend $1,000 more to get a empreinte bag.... But that's just my opinion.

I know... I love Empreinte but, theres none that really catch my eye at the moment. I guess I could always get the money back and save it until something else comes along. I have a few days left to decide. Thanks so much for your opinion it's very much appreciated!

May I ask why you think you won't carry it? You wanted it enough to dip your toes back in the "pre-loved" waters even after bad experiences in the past. Was just wondering what changed, if anything?

May I ask why you think you won't carry it? You wanted it enough to dip your toes back in the "pre-loved" waters even after bad experiences in the past. Was just wondering what changed, if anything?
Ikr... I wanted to get something nice for myself for my Birthday thats coming up + I've really wanting another Damier bag since I sold my Saleya GM (Regretted it). So I'm afraid I might regret taking the Trevi back, but I might also regret keep it and not carrying it often... i'm Sooooo Confused!
- I don't know if i'd carry it much because its big/beautiful which I love and I want to be fab!!! lol...I'm just so casual/low key or conserative!

I've like the Trevi and thought it was a good deal since this size had been discontinued... I did think long and hard about it and even took a drive to get it so I definitely wouldn't call it an impulse buy. There's just that little shred of doubt that this isn't the right bag for me I guess.

I love my Trevi GM. Infact I've decided to sell off half my collection which includes all my azur and ebene pieces EXCEPT my Trevi - I couldn't bear to part with it

I've like the Trevi and thought it was a good deal since this size had been discontinued... I did think long and hard about it and even took a drive to get it so I definitely wouldn't call it an impulse buy. There's just that little shred of doubt that this isn't the right bag for me I guess.

I love my Trevi which is a pm though. If it makes you feel better , I carry her to Target with Nike's on and yoga pants ..lol. I think because its a canvas bag , you can get away with it much more dressing down. My lifestyle is super casual. I have dressier purses for when i need to use them. Its a gorgeous bag but you have to love it and be happy. Maybe carry her around the house, try on some different outfits,...see how you feel? If its not love , then return if you can. gl :smile:

Sounds like a keeper! Have you had any issues with wear on the piping?

No issues, that bag is made like a tank - to last!

The best "compliment" I ever got was from a co-worker who was at a desk behind me and when I opened my bag all he heard was the zipper opening and closing and asked me why I had my luggage at work because of the sound he heard from the zipper. I told him that sound wasn't from luggage but the zipper on my purse and he said the purse "sounded" well made since they didn't use a flimsy zipper lol

I love my Trevi which is a pm though. If it makes you feel better , I carry her to Target with Nike's on and yoga pants ..lol. I think because its a canvas bag , you can get away with it much more dressing down. My lifestyle is super casual. I have dressier purses for when i need to use them. Its a gorgeous bag but you have to love it and be happy. Maybe carry her around the house, try on some different outfits,...see how you feel? If its not love , then return if you can. gl :smile:
Yes, you actually made me feel much better and I'm going to take your advice... I should know by the end of today... But am kind of leaning towards keeping it!!! Thanks so much!

No issues, that bag is made like a tank - to last!

The best "compliment" I ever got was from a co-worker who was at a desk behind me and when I opened my bag all he heard was the zipper opening and closing and asked me why I had my luggage at work because of the sound he heard from the zipper. I told him that sound wasn't from luggage but the zipper on my purse and he said the purse "sounded" well made since they didn't use a flimsy zipper lol
I love how well made it is... I especially love the thick hardware and the Alacantra lining... I guess the more and more I think about it, I really love this bag. I love its pleats and the well made zipper!!! Sounds Like she's a keeper!!! Thanks so Much!!!