What do you think of my Arsty?

mbaldino

O.G.
Mar 8, 2011
I have been on the fence about selling my artsy due to the short strap drop.
Thanks to Dr. Spock I saw where she had removed her noe strap and placed a different one on there.
I have a noe and didn't even think of using the strap on anything else. She helped me think outside the bag :smile:

I attached the noe strap to my Artsy for times when I am wearing a sleeveless shirt, really hot, etc. trying to avoid cracking canvas.

What do you think? I know the patina doesn't match but it will someday.

Let me know if you want mod shots.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394667203.872486.jpg

Your Artsy is beautiful. I was also disappointed in how short the strap drop was. In the store when I tried it on it didn't seem like such a big deal but since Ive been carrying my Artsy for awhile now Ive noticed that it really is much too short. A couple extra inches would've made it so much more comfortable. Adding that strap is such a great idea! Please post mod shots!

Ok. Be honest.

I will say that this is sooooo comfortable. I wear a lot of sleeveless shirts in the summer.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674483.665600.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674495.669173.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674509.166351.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674527.339937.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674542.036022.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394674580.897673.jpg

I feel like I have a new bag!

I saw bjtaylor on YouTube attach a keep all strap to her artsy. I have been looking for a new or used strap but would rather buy another preloved bag instead.
That's when I got the idea from dr Spock and her noe strap. Boom!

I got my noe preloved for the same price of a new keep all strap.

I'm happy!!

I'll be honest: It's pretty as an armheld bag on you, and the strap sure helps it work on the shoulder. But you're fighting the actual nature of the Artsy, and that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If the design of a bag doesn't work for me, I don't keep it.

I'll be honest: It's pretty as an armheld bag on you, and the strap sure helps it work on the shoulder. But you're fighting the actual nature of the Artsy, and that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If the design of a bag doesn't work for me, I don't keep it.

Good point. And that's why I love the artsy in the first place. But this is just another option for those hot summer months or long shopping trips.

I like to keep the original look of my bags... The way it's meant to be.

Artsy is beautiful clutched in your arm, and designed not as a shoulder bag even with that beautiful braided strap.

Personally, I have seen people wear my favorite bag, Pallas, as a cross body bag by buying a extra long strap. I have a strong dislike for it because I believe that the Pallas isn't designed for a cross body.

Now, while I don't personally like it...I wouldn't do it with the Artsy, I do have a strap I've added to my Speedy so I can carry it on my shoulder. I'm sure people don't like what I've done. If it works for you, go for it!