Need opinions on this crossbody please.

zaara10

Dec 7, 2011
My Macy's order arrived yesterday. It's the legacy double gusset crossbody in pink scarlet. I wanted a new crossbody for the spring/summer so this might work... But a few things... I'm not crazy about the shorter handle which I won't use. It's so stiff it sticks out & gets in the way a little. It doesn't have an outside pocket like i prefer. The inside seems roomy bc of the shape of the bottom.
Oh & my dh actually asked me if i ordered this for our 6 y/o!!! He thinks it looks too "little girly" for me, lol. But now that's in my head :sad:

Honest opinions please! Thanks!!!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394639562.228512.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394639571.699242.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394639582.536167.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394639589.627587.jpg

I like it but the short strap would drive me nuts too!! What about the Madison convertible hippie or the Madison swing pack?! There are some E/W swing packs on FOS today that are tempting me!

I have this in cognac. That shorter handle IS annoying when using the strap. I've only used it a few times so I don't know if the shorter handle might get a bit softer and easier to push down with use (because the rings won't really let it go down all the way).
However, I really like it, but I use it as a shoulder bag. The short strap is comfortable. I like that it doesn't look all bulgy when full even though it's small.
It's s hard to find the perfect bag!!

I just ordered the cognac e/w duffle from fos so this might have to go back. I'm not doing so well on my bag diet! :/
I'll compare the 2 & decide. But I'm partial to duffles!

I like it. I see what your husband is saying. It's a small bag. I don't carry much so I get away with this size but for most people it does look like a young girl's bag since most adult women carry larger sizes. Color is gorgeous and I love the tassels.

But, it definitely sounds like this doesn't make you happy so I'm sure you'll find a bag more suited to what you prefer. Good Luck!

Saw this bag at Macy's in a medium brown color. LOVED the bag! Didn't want another Fall color right now, but otherwise would have bought it. I like the pink color. Not an everyday bag but so much fun for summer. I can see hanging out and drinking a margarita waering that bag. Maybe white jeans and a pink top matching the bag. Fun!!!

Please pardon my not so glam look here ;)
Here it is crossbody. If worn w/ the logo facing in (creed side against me) the strap really sticks out. If worn w/ the logo facing out & creed side away from me, the strap kind of rubs against my hip bc it doesn't stay flat against the bag. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394653270.910073.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1394653280.649460.jpg

would it be bad to have the short strap stay straight up? You might be able to do that by snapping the long strong on the "other side" of the short strap on one side of the bag only. Does that make sense? Don't know if it helps.

I see what you mean about the strap sticking out. I don't think that would be cool cause it might get caught on stuff.

I do agree it's a pretty colour and style for sure but since the handle thing clearly bothers you, I recommend looking at other options.

If only Coach made all their bags with the short strap the same way they did it on the Poppy Perrie hippies or the Kristin hobos (I.E. with an extra hardware ring to allow short strap to lay flat) there would be so many more styles to love.

I do agree it's a pretty colour and style for sure but since the handle thing clearly bothers you, I recommend looking at other options.

If only Coach made all their bags with the short strap the same way they did it on the Poppy Perrie hippies or the Kristin hobos (I.E. with an extra hardware ring to allow short strap to lay flat) there would be so many more styles to love.

I love the short handle on my Kristin hippie & hobo. It's a thick squishy soft handle & it stays flat.
I tried pushing this one's handle down & out of the way, but it popped back up again! Lol. I'm still thinking about it.

would it be bad to have the short strap stay straight up? You might be able to do that by snapping the long strong on the "other side" of the short strap on one side of the bag only. Does that make sense? Don't know if it helps.

I see what you mean about the strap sticking out. I don't think that would be cool cause it might get caught on stuff.

It looks awkward that way & it also didn't stay up & flopped over again. I wish they'd "test drive" these bags more to look at design flaws.

I loved that style too and wanted it in black, but I just couldn't figure out the short handle when wearing it crossbody. I almost got it thinking I'd have the short handle removed but then thought that was silly to pay that much for a purse that wasn't quite right.

I think you ordered the e/w duffle which I think will be perfect since it doesn't have the handle issue and has the outside pocket!

I really want a black e/w duffle but those seem hard to find so I got a mini Tanner and am hoping that will work as a good crossbody. (I don't have it yet because of the Macy's presale.)

I loved that style too and wanted it in black, but I just couldn't figure out the short handle when wearing it crossbody. I almost got it thinking I'd have the short handle removed but then thought that was silly to pay that much for a purse that wasn't quite right.

I think you ordered the e/w duffle which I think will be perfect since it doesn't have the handle issue and has the outside pocket!

I really want a black e/w duffle but those seem hard to find so I got a mini Tanner and am hoping that will work as a good crossbody. (I don't have it yet because of the Macy's presale.)

Which mini tanner did u get? The black saffiano mt is on fos right now. I almost got that over the e/w duffle but I don't do well w/ breakaway zippers.

I got the legacy leather one in black from my local Macy's. It was 25/25/25 off so around $108. The last 25 off was the pre-sale but I don't think all stores are applying that consistently.

It will be my first bag with a breakaway zipper, so I'm not sure how I'll like it. I'll let you know and would love to hear about the duffle when it arrives!