Watch decision: Cartier Ballon Bleu or Rolex No-Date

Cartier ballon Blee or Rolex No-date

• Cartier Ballon Bleu

• Rolex No-date

Results are only viewable after voting.

shopbb

Jun 20, 2012
I'm trying to decide between 2 watches, I like the design of both (maybe the Cartier is a little bit more unique) I'm not really a watch person. But I think I own too many bags etc already I want to buy a classic adult watch.

They both cost around the same price, and I want to buy either one of them soon before the price increase.

my options are

cartier ballon Bleu

Pros:
unique design
I think it's extremely pretty
quartz movement

cons:
my friends thinks that rolex as a brand for watch is better
cartier watches are not popular here (I like classics and to follow trends)
no discounts (unless It's possible at the Cartier boutique?)

Rolex oyster perpetual no-date

pros:
The history of this brand
well-know by everyone
classic
discounts can be offered at AD

cons:
automatic movement / servicing
too common
the design is simple (I like the smooth bezel, not the flute bezel, might not be a con)

My lifestyle is pretty casual, a few friends already have Rolex by no one owns a cartier.

If you prefer a quartz movement, by all means get the Cartier. It will be more unique and Cartier pretty much invented the wrist watch so its hard to beat that history.

I had the similar choice to make last year and ended about going with the BB. First off, cartier is a lot easier to get a discount on than Rolex I believe. The margins are smaller on cartier than omega and other brands so it is is a bit difficult getting a good discount but def but from an AD to get a discount of 10%+.

I like the Rolex and it does stand out more but at the same time, there are also a lot of fake Rolex so it has it's plus and minuses. I love my cartier and don't regret my choice!!

If you don't really wear a watch and only buying a watch just-because, I think it's better to spend the money elsewhere, maybe a love bangle.

If it must be a watch, I choose the Cartier BB.

I would go for the Rolex, but I am partial. With any luxury good that is sought after there will be fakes. I typed fake cartier bb into my browser and replicas galore popped up... With that being said, get what sings to your heart. Don't worry about who does or doesn't have it or if there are replicas out there. Yours will be real and you will love it! GL deciding!!!

Definitely the Cartier BB! It is so beautiful, the rolex is TOO common in my opinion. I can't stop staring at mine when it's on my wrist! I just LOVE it!!!

Please keep us updated on what you choose :smile:

I'm trying to decide between 2 watches, I like the design of both (maybe the Cartier is a little bit more unique) I'm not really a watch person. But I think I own too many bags etc already I want to buy a classic adult watch.

They both cost around the same price, and I want to buy either one of them soon before the price increase.

my options are

cartier ballon Bleu

Pros:
unique design
I think it's extremely pretty
quartz movement

cons:
my friends thinks that rolex as a brand for watch is better
cartier watches are not popular here (I like classics and to follow trends)
no discounts (unless It's possible at the Cartier boutique?)

Rolex oyster perpetual no-date

pros:
The history of this brand
well-know by everyone
classic
discounts can be offered at AD

cons:
automatic movement / servicing
too common
the design is simple (I like the smooth bezel, not the flute bezel, might not be a con)

My lifestyle is pretty casual, a few friends already have Rolex by no one owns a cartier.
I prefer BB. It is very elegant and very beautiful to see. Rolex is more classical but a lot fakes out there. So I think you should go with Cartier BB.