Thoughts on limited edition lv

lilkitten

Mar 3, 2014
I love the classic lv designs like the speedy in the lv mono however I've seen a lot of pre-loved bags that are considered limited edition. The designs range from fringes to embroidery to different colors. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on these limited edition pieces. Do you think it takes away from the classic look since it often looks very different than the classic design? Thanks!

some people on here go craaaaazy for LE designs. we had kusama in 2012 (i think), and some people loved it, some people hated it. it's all in what you like!

i have one LE, and i absolutely adore it!

Always been a believer in if you like it and will carry it indefinitely then go for it. If you don't, then don't. They're generally a bit fussy for me but it's all about personal opinion.

I love the classic lv designs like the speedy in the lv mono however I've seen a lot of pre-loved bags that are considered limited edition. The designs range from fringes to embroidery to different colors. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on these limited edition pieces. Do you think it takes away from the classic look since it often looks very different than the classic design? Thanks!

The main purpose of most limited edition/seasonal bag is to be part of that runway collection/fashion show. The average bag would look ridiculous on the runway and be considered a major fail on the part of fashion house to just make a model carry a bag essentially from the rack. Could you imagine the models carrying a mono Speedy on the escalators last year versus the checkered cube speedy? The bags are to highlight the entire look/collection - shoes, clothes, etc. In that regard, I feel they have no effect on the permanent collection. The LE bags can look dated and some stand the test of time.

It's all about personal preference. I am a fan of everything LV, but I certainly wouldn't buy everything because some of the LE is too over the top for me. Some LE LV is timeless IMO like the Mirage line for example. Others tend to look dated (to me) after a while.

I don't think it's takes away from a classic, it puts a creative spin on that bag. Like art, every piece is not for everyone but if you find one that speaks to you then it's really special.

i'm wrestling with this right now. to be honest, most le pieces just aren't for me, but once in a while i really fall in love. not the high end pieces, but i loved the ikat line and now i like that new cabas azur bag. some of the higher end le pieces are just to out there for me or they just don't appeal. bags , like jewelry, are such a personal choice. i would not buy a bag because it's le, but it's funny how sometimes a bag just grabs you.

:lol::graucho:
The main purpose of most limited edition/seasonal bag is to be part of that runway collection/fashion show. The average bag would look ridiculous on the runway and be considered a major fail on the part of fashion house to just make a model carry a bag essentially from the rack. Could you imagine the models carrying a mono Speedy on the escalators last year versus the checkered cube speedy? The bags are to highlight the entire look/collection - shoes, clothes, etc. In that regard, I feel they have no effect on the permanent collection. The LE bags can look dated and some stand the test of time.

I have to agree with you...I have narrowed my limited bags to the SC Mono and Kalahari GM...and for the same reason you stated. When I see most limited bags on ebay...they look dated to me.

It's taken me a long time to learn that I like basic classic styles because like everything from makeup to hair etc. its so easy to date yourself...And so much easier the older you get...:graucho:

Last edited:
I don't think it's takes away from a classic, it puts a creative spin on that bag. Like art, every piece is not for everyone but if you find one that speaks to you then it's really special.

I agree! I have a Kusama speedy and Rose Indien and I still wear them and love them.. It's so unique that I feel special carrying them.