Help Needed!!! Thanks in advance!

NLVOEWITHLV

Priscilla Ann 09/2017!!!❤️
O.G.
Apr 16, 2009
Today I was bored and I pulled out a pair of old studs that I never wear anymore and I had a brilliant idea...
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394420674.167697.jpg
I want to turn my old solitaire into a 3stone ring!!!

I would like to know-
Can my current cathedral setting have 2 heads added to support 2 side stones?

Or should I purchase a new semi mount?

This is a solitaire with my studs on either side, I'm squeezing my fingers together to get an idea of how it will look... Ideally I do not want the stones to sit flush, I want the center diamond to sit at the height it is now with the smaller diamonds set kind of low... Does that make sense?ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394420897.324136.jpg

It would be very pretty. Not sure what the logistics would be but how fun and exciting!

I hope, I'm super excited. I was disappointed today because one jeweler suggested adding a wrap and then soldering it to my solitaire, I really only want one ring. She then showed me their semi mounts and those had the stones too flush... My personal jeweler isn't open until this Wednesday so I can't even go there and pick his brain!!! Plus I want the center diamond to have 6 prongs and the sides to have 4 set north, south, east, west... I'm so picky!!! 😜

The way you want these prongs orientated will be a custom setting. But you can't really make a solitaire into a 3 stone just by plugging in heads anyway. That's a new setting anyway. They do make stock three stones, just not how you are describing the prong orientation.

I personally had a HORRIBLE experience with Whiteflash--workmanship related and service after the sale, aka there was none--so I don't recommend them.

I love the idea of it, I hope it turns out exactly how you want!! One thing I noticed is the outer 2 (The Studs) have a whiter look to them and don't match the center stone. Just something to consider when adding the 2 stones. It could be the photo idk, you have a better idea of how the stones look next to each other.

I had my original engagement ring made in to a three stone ring. My DH took the time and effort to buy me matching stones after each one of my Children was born. The Jeweller recommended that I got a new setting. I was able to custom design it with her so I got exactly what I wanted. It is not huge, but by UK standards it is bigger than average. I now have 1 ct, total carat weight and to me it is perfect. I think your new ring will look great. I agree with Ame, by what you have described your setting will definitely need to be a custom design. Enjoy the process xxx

The way you want these prongs orientated will be a custom setting. But you can't really make a solitaire into a 3 stone just by plugging in heads anyway. That's a new setting anyway. They do make stock three stones, just not how you are describing the prong orientation.

I personally had a HORRIBLE experience with Whiteflash--workmanship related and service after the sale, aka there was none--so I don't recommend them.

Thank you for your advice. I am going to go with a new setting. My jeweler called me today and he doesn't like how I described the prongs. Since I'm paying I kinda wish he'd just do what I'm asking even if he thinks it won't look right...

I love the idea of it, I hope it turns out exactly how you want!! One thing I noticed is the outer 2 (The Studs) have a whiter look to them and don't match the center stone. Just something to consider when adding the 2 stones. It could be the photo idk, you have a better idea of how the stones look next to each other.
The center diamond is set in yellow gold which I think makes it take on a yellowish hue. While the studs are set in a white gold basket setting so they don't. All the stones are in fact white and pretty much the same color. I just find it hard to photograph diamonds with an iPhone, I need macro!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394471617.763555.jpg

That setting looks a little dated to me. The Whiteflash setting is just the setting with no stones.

I prefer less prongs and I agree with your jeweler on how you describe the prongs.