Stacking -- too much already?

I like a bit of stack, but I only do it in the summer. I like to wear together several thin bracelets like the beaded leather ones from Kenya together with a few silver ones bought here and there, I like this kind of boho chic kind of look. I never wear bracelets with my watches as I don't want to scratch them. Wide bracelets like CDCs or KDs I like to wear on there own, I don't like big pieces stacked. I wear my 3 Chaine d'Ancre bracelets together, but not with others.....I like to keep things simple, I'm not a jewelry person really.
I am like you, I usually wear stacks in the summer. I also love to mix my hermes with other non-brand bracelets or beads from sydney even. I love boho-chic.

Lovely64, this is exactly the feeling I get from your pictures! I enjoy them, and the stacking thread in general, because it's wonderful eye candy and takes me a bit out of my comfort zone, since I am not much of a stacker myself. I really admire your ability to throw on so many different bracelets and somehow carry it off!

Duna, you sound just like me! Thin bracelets with beaded and leather ones, only in the summer when my arms are bare, and the watch ONLY on my other wrist. I simply cannot combine thick bracelets -- it feels cumbersome to me - and the sound of enamels clanging against each other literally drives me to distraction. I love jewelry, but find that in excess, it works better on others than it does on me. But I love to look at the photos -- they are fun and can be inspiring. :smile:

Thank you! I do it mostly for the Eye candy and Bright, happy feelings it transmitts (to me at least).:smooch::heart:

Honestly, I've been totally in awe of the stacking trend on here. Without trying to offend, I find the look very tacky. As a personal rule, I've never worn more than one piece by one designer at a single time, unless it's very subtle. I would never wear a Chanel bag with a Chanel necklace, for instance, just as I wouldn't wear my Bs or Ks with an H belt or a CDC. I prefer to wear my diamond Rolex with my rings, just letting the bag speak for itself. Enamel bangles are ok, since they don't scream Hermes. But stacking several blatant H items on top of each other, plus a Birkin, plus a belt is a no no for me. I'm all about brand loyalty, but this is just too much for my taste.
If you aren`t trying to offend then maybe you ought to select a different Word than tacky:P Tacky is in itself offencive IMO.

I am not offended but others might be. I am very secure in my style and with myself so I know what I look like and what looks good on me. I would love for you to participate in the stacking thread and show us some of your Classic combinations! Don`t be shy! Diamond Rolex sounds wonderful!

I like stacking but I do it differently for Pictures than what I am actually wearing on an every day basis. Some Days I wear nothing, other Days only one bracelet and some Days a few. The stacking combinations I wear in my Pictures are done to transmitt a sense of fun, happiness, creativity and colour. Nothing too serious. I do not spend any time thinking about what to put on....I just put some items on my arm and usually it works. For me, lol!

I love looking at Pictures and I love colour but I also apreciate the classics. This does not mean that just because I love a Picture I would want to wear what is on show. It is all in good fun, or at least it is to me;) Nothing too serious since we get enough of that in our Daily lives.

I hope you feel better!

I love your stacks, lovely64! They make me smile!!! :biggrin:

]I love your stacks, lovely64! [/I]They make me smile!!! :biggrin:

Me too, I always enjoy watching pictures of her stacks and beautiful GM shawls.

I never was a stack person myself, but actually it has grown on me. I must admit that I am not always in the mood for stacking, so sometimes I just keep it subtle with a bracelet on one wrist and a watch on the other.
I got myself a Cartier Love bangle last Christmas, and if I am in a stacking mode, I would definitely wear it with a CDC, Kelly Dog or with my Cartier watch.
I also love to stack the Love bangle with my leather/swarovski bracelets.

I never was a stack person myself, but actually it has grown on me. I must admit that I am not always in the mood for stacking, so sometimes I just keep it subtle with a bracelet on one wrist and a watch on the other.
I got myself a Cartier Love bangle last Christmas, and if I am in a stacking mode, I would definitely wear it with a CDC, Kelly Dog or with my Cartier watch.

Chanel, your jewelry sounds divine! I don't have any Cartier Love bracelets, but they are such a beautiful addition to Hermes bracelets. They are the perfect width! I, too, love seeing the creativity and beauty of the stacks. I usually wear two or three printed bangles or a set of two thin clic Hs or KDT/Rivale with a clic H. I am always inspired by the fun that everyone displays in the stacking threads. I also read that the stacking trend is still very much alive and well. Whether it is two, three, four, or ten, I say, "STACK ON, PEOPLE, STACK ON!" :biggrin:

Awww, thank you sweetie!!

I would love to get a love bracelet, preferably in rose gold. Do you use yours much? I am planning on never taking it off;)

this thread is really funny because lately i have been thinking myself that i don't nearly stack as much as i used to when i first started (although i realize "not as much" for me is probably still "more than usual" for most :giggles:smile:

my usual stack now is 1 big statement piece like a CDC or extra wide clic clac with my Cartier JUC, or i will stack several medium/thin clic clacs with the Cartier JUC... whereas before i would have 2 CDCs on one wrist, and just more variety (different brands, styles, etc).

i do think that some people are taking this a little too seriously? life is too short - just do what you love!! if you want to stack up to your elbow, that should be your prerogative, and if you want to wear only ONE H piece at a time, that should be your right as well! our tastes/style can vary from one day to the next! maybe right now i am going through a more "simple" phase. but i reserve my right to change my mind when i want to :P
i don't think it's up to us to really judge what other people love and what makes them happy. :shrugs:

i love looking at everyone's pics, and i appreciate them ALL even if they are not my taste/style and would never own/wear. but when you truly LOVE something, it comes across, and LOVE for your items and confidence in wearing them, is THE best way to wear anything :coolio::okay::peace:

Last edited:
If you aren`t trying to offend then maybe you ought to select a different Word than tacky:P Tacky is in itself offencive IMO.

I am not offended but others might be. I am very secure in my style and with myself so I know what I look like and what looks good on me. I would love for you to participate in the stacking thread and show us some of your Classic combinations! Don`t be shy! Diamond Rolex sounds wonderful!

if one isn't insecure, then there's no need to feel offended by that word. granted it's not the most polite and nice sounding. if anyone is going to take offense, then what others here including I have stated the word "Ostentatious", or "Cheap" & "Vampy" would be considered offensive already. it's all how you take it.

this thread is really funny because lately i have been thinking myself that i don't nearly stack as much as i used to when i first started (although i realize "not as much" for me is probably still "more than usual" for most :giggles:smile:

my usual stack now is 1 big statement piece like a CDC or extra wide clic clac with my Cartier JUC, or i will stack several medium/thin clic clacs with the Cartier JUC... whereas before i would have 2 CDCs on one wrist, and just more variety (different brands, styles, etc).

i do think that some people are taking this a little too seriously? life is too short - just do what you love!! if you want to stack up to your elbow, that should be your prerogative, and if you want to wear only ONE H piece at a time, that should be your right as well! our tastes/style can vary from one day to the next! i don't think it's up to us to really judge what other people love and what makes them happy. :shrugs:

i love looking at everyone's pics, and i appreciate them ALL even if they are not my taste/style and would never own/wear. but when you truly LOVE something, it comes across, and LOVE for your items and confidence in wearing them, is THE best way to wear anything :coolio::okay::peace:

You said it perfectly my dear. Love for anything shines through! It should be fun and not taken too seriously!!

I'm not necessarily tired of it, but I think that some can pull it off better than others. One who comes to mind is Carlinha. Her skin is such a beautiful, flawless color and her bright stacks just look so gorgeous on her arms. I have short, white freckled arms and too much stacking just doesn't work for me. Maybe because of my freckles, it just looks cluttered?

For me, CDC's and KD's work best worn alone with a watch on the other wrist. I do like to wear the bangles two at a time, but I have a few that have such beautiful designs that I wear them singly so as not to take away the attention from the one. I usually wear clic clac's singly, but on rare occasions will wear two.

One other reason I don't like too much stacking is that I often remove all of my jewelry during the day for different household tasks, and then I put it back on, take it off, back on... Taking off my wedding and engagement rings, a watch and one or two bracelets is enough of a chore without adding an armful of bracelets.

swezfamily, you are so sweet, thank you so much for your wonderful compliment & kind words :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I guess seeing people who stack not one, not two, but THREE CDC's on one side yeah it can be a bit tedious and some what ostentatious.. Like we know its Hermes, we know it is expensive, but there is NO reason for you to wear all the jewelry you own just to go to the bar! Yes you know who you are, and I know you stalk tPF and you know I am a member, I AM DIRECTING IT TO YOU!

Also on a side note, if you are trying to impress a guy and you are wearing a stack consisting of the brands Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Harry Winston and Hermes, no matter how pretty you are, it too is also a turn off when guys like me know how much those little scraps of metal with the sparkly things cost. I would immediately think *steer away from her, since she is a gold digging BEEP*. But yeah, you may never know how they are like so yeah, just a generalization but yeah.

So my thoughts on stacking, yes; but to a point. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)

wow venting much? :roflmfao:

if one isn't insecure, then there's no need to feel offended by that word. granted it's not the most polite and nice sounding. if anyone is going to take offense, then what others here including I have stated the word "Ostentatious", or "Cheap" & "Vampy" would be considered offensive already. it's all how you take it.

Well, I think the words you mention are offensiv too.

I am not insecure so that is not why I pointed it out in the first place. I know there are people who will feel offended so kinder wordibg would be nice. No biggie but since we are talking about specifics and not a very general target, wording could be gentler.