A peek inside Honolulu's Duty Free Celine Boutique

pinkelephant721

simplicity <3
O.G.
Jan 4, 2007
Thanks to DH working in Honolulu these 2 weeks, I'm here to check out the Celine merchandise on this island! Today I went to look at the boutique in the Duty Free Mall. Because I'm not traveling internationally, I'm not allowed to purchase anything. :crybaby: But I managed to take some quick and dirty pictures (wasn't sure if this was allowed so I snapped all of them while the SA was busy with other customers) of what was available. Let me know if anyone wants me to go back to take more up-close pix. Enjoy these in the meantime! :smile:

Thanks to DH working in Honolulu these 2 weeks, I'm here to check out the Celine merchandise on this island! Today I went to look at the boutique in the Duty Free Mall. Because I'm not traveling internationally, I'm not allowed to purchase anything. :crybaby: But I managed to take some quick and dirty pictures (wasn't sure if this was allowed so I snapped all of them while the SA was busy with other customers) of what was available. Let me know if anyone wants me to go back to take more up-close pix. Enjoy these in the meantime! :smile:

You got to go upstairs? Lucky! I keep telling myself I'd try to go upstairs before my trip to Japan since I would be traveling to a different country but I always forget.
I heard they don't have a lot of stock or won't sell it to you. A Neiman Marcus SA mentioned it to me when she noticed I had a phantom. She said a lot of Japanese tourists come to NM looking for Celine since they weren't able find it anywhere else.
It's so sad the Celine boutique closed a few years ago before it Philo refreshed it.

You got to go upstairs? Lucky! I keep telling myself I'd try to go upstairs before my trip to Japan since I would be traveling to a different country but I always forget.
I heard they don't have a lot of stock or won't sell it to you. A Neiman Marcus SA mentioned it to me when she noticed I had a phantom. She said a lot of Japanese tourists come to NM looking for Celine since they weren't able find it anywhere else.
It's so sad the Celine boutique closed a few years ago before it Philo refreshed it.
Seriously! I'm so mad they closed the boutique!! >.<! She said she could only sell it to me if I was flying internationally...alas...T___T

Wow they even have old stock from 2012?! Amazing as I see the multi-colour whipsnake cabas... Thanks for sharing. This store needs to tidy up on the visual merchandising.. So many off season things next to current items.

Seriously! I'm so mad they closed the boutique!! >.<! She said she could only sell it to me if I was flying internationally...alas...T___T

I used to know someone who worked at the Celine boutique and he said a lot of the customers were international tourists so they would ask them to check if Duty Free had the item instock. And if they had it, the customer would leave to buy it at Duty Free because it's cheaper and they didn't have to pay tax. So I guess they weren't selling enough in store.
The last time I went to Japan I was at Duty Free in the airport and they didn't have any Celine &#128546;
But then again Celine at Tjmaxx would be cheaper! I found my trapeze there last summer!

Wow they even have old stock from 2012?! Amazing as I see the multi-colour whipsnake cabas... Thanks for sharing. This store needs to tidy up on the visual merchandising.. So many off season things next to current items.
Yeah, I think things sell slower here than regular boutiques because they have a limitation of selling ONLY to those flying internationally. Wait till you see the slate blue box they have...I want it even though it's from an older season!!

I used to know someone who worked at the Celine boutique and he said a lot of the customers were international tourists so they would ask them to check if Duty Free had the item instock. And if they had it, the customer would leave to buy it at Duty Free because it's cheaper and they didn't have to pay tax. So I guess they weren't selling enough in store.
The last time I went to Japan I was at Duty Free in the airport and they didn't have any Celine &#128546;
But then again Celine at Tjmaxx would be cheaper! I found my trapeze there last summer!
You need to teach me your TJ Maxx ways; that store is too darn elusive. -_-"