Buying a display model?

As long as there is no flaws with the bag I wouldn't care at all! When hubby & I went to purchased my speedy b it was the last one they had in my store which was made in France & it was in perfect condition, in my situation I would of been mad if they tried to get me a different one, lol... If it really bugs you that it was out then exchange I guess.
i agree.. if there's nothing wrong with the bag i would just keep it

Keep it if there's nothing wrong with it. I bought the last Artsy MM Mono in my boutique last year, but since it looked to be in excellent condition, I took it. I had inquired and there just wasn't another one available in that store. I didn't feel like waiting. However.....if it's going to drive you nuts, ask for another one. I'm always of the opinion that we pay a lot for these bags, so to the degree that it's reasonable, we should have the one we're most pleased with. :smile:

I honestly would not exchange it if there's nothing wrong with it. The date code wouldn't bother me unless it's for a bag that has known issues for earlier versions (e.g., lumi), but otherwise, i wouldn't let that bug me. I have just gone through a crazy exchanging ordeal and hope that NEVER happen to me again! i wouldn't take one that had already patina'ed or anything, but in this case, there's no vachetta issue so just keep it!

I agree with the others who have said if there are any signs of wear, exchange it. I wouldn't be concerned about an older date code, but I'm not keen to accept a display piece because it's likely to have been handled a lot. I don't expect my LV to be completely untouched, because that's just ridiculous, but I don't want to pay top dollar for a bag that a thousand people have tried on either.

+1, How funny, I was just in a similar situation. I was unable to sleep the whole night, lol.

I wouldn't have exchange it (date code and floor model doesn't bother me) but my bag showed heavy wear on the metal hardware. That justified my exchange. "Why buy at full price with wear and tear, when I could have bought it pre loved and at a discounted price.

You should really do what makes you happy, in the end - it's your bag and your happiness. GL

Keep it if there's nothing wrong with it. I bought the last Artsy MM Mono in my boutique last year, but since it looked to be in excellent condition, I took it. I had inquired and there just wasn't another one available in that store. I didn't feel like waiting. However.....if it's going to drive you nuts, ask for another one. I'm always of the opinion that we pay a lot for these bags, so to the degree that it's reasonable, we should have the one we're most pleased with. :smile:
Love your screen name

Normally it drives me insane to read 'shoud I return because' (not made in france, got a mark, got a crease etc) threads… but your bag is two years old. Would you pay full price for a pre-loved slightly used two year old bag..? Because that 's what you did IMO. I would def take it back… Not saying that you will, but if you think about selling at some stage, its already got two years of miliage regardless of when you actually paid for it. Sorry for the rant, but it has been on my mind about how long some bags sit in stores...:smile:

Normally it drives me insane to read 'shoud I return because' (not made in france, got a mark, got a crease etc) threads… but your bag is two years old. Would you pay full price for a pre-loved slightly used two year old bag..? Because that 's what you did IMO. I would def take it back… Not saying that you will, but if you think about selling at some stage, its already got two years of miliage regardless of when you actually paid for it. Sorry for the rant, but it has been on my mind about how long some bags sit in stores...:smile:

Thank you all for your advice, it's much appreciated. This is what bothers me exactly! Over all this time how many people have handled this bag, and no I wouldn't pay full price for pre-loved. Maybe I will call today and ask my SA about it. Thanks again!

That's a good point...never thought of it that way.

It depends on you...when I bought my speedy b. they gave me the display and I asked for one that wasn't on display, but there weren't anymore in the store so I said fine, it didn't bother me that much...however 2 months later ive taken it in to have the stitching redone in the corner because it started coming off, not sure if that's something common or due to it being touched constantly while on display....I'll never know... but the date code doesn't necessarily dictate how long it's been on display....just inspect the bag thoroughly and if it looks good then I suppose it doesn't make a difference....

I really like the loft lockit in framboise. The only issue is it's the last piece they have and it's been on display for I don't know how long. I have purchase shoes before and the ones on display does seem to fade a bit compared to the one not on display. I don't know if I want to put 4k down on it.

If it looks good to you that's all that matters, just check it over. I took the display Artsy mono as I prefered its glazing compared to the ones from the back, and I liked that it's patina wasn't extremely pale.

Last edited: