Beige Lambskin Protective Treatment

This is what I have been told: the $100 price I was charged is actually not accurate. It is actually closer to $200 but I will be honored the price I was quoted. This was described to be as a "Scotch Guard" type treatment (scotch guard is not what they use) and helps about 90% against moisture, oil, color transfer. Dropping in a puddle or getting marker on it will not be protected. It takes 8-12 weeks to get your bag treated and shipped back to the store. I didn't think to ask how long it lasts.

Thanks for the update! Did they say anything about whether the texture of the lamb changes?

That's one thing that I'm worried about as I hear about dyeing lamb changes the softness of lamb. Please do keep us posted!

I posted above that I called the Chanel boutique in Boston to confirm that this is a Chanel service. Please feel free to call them yourself to get all the facts.

I didn't remember to ask if it changes the texture of the lambskin. If anyone else has any other questions, let me know and I will find out and report back. :smile:

I got a bag sprayed by a third party. They did a fairly good job but I found out they just used shining monkey or similar product. Could have done that myself and saved over $100. Can't wait to see how your bag turns out. By the way, what's the name of the service your bag is getting?

I am thrilled to report that my bag arrived back already and I picked it up tonight! The texture hasn't changed much if at all. She is still buttery soft and beautiful. This treatment is supposed to last for many years. Now I need to plan a special night for her to make her debut. Thank you everyone for the suggestions and interest!

that's great that you've gotten your bag back so quickly! I remembered reading something similar to this before on tpf. I would love to see any before/after pictures if you have any. :biggrin:

I am thrilled to report that my bag arrived back already and I picked it up tonight! The texture hasn't changed much if at all. She is still buttery soft and beautiful. This treatment is supposed to last for many years. Now I need to plan a special night for her to make her debut. Thank you everyone for the suggestions and interest!

Congrats! That's great news. Do you mind me asking which boutique you sent it to in order to get it treated? I think I might get mine done too!did the color change at all?

I bought from Bloomingdales, but any boutique will ship it for you. I think mine was sent to California to be treated. Ask your local boutique! I don't know the exact name of the treatment, sorry.

I am very interested in this!!

Do you remember roughly how long it takes them to finish the treatment? And I believe it's $200 and they misquoted you for $100?