The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

I'm so sad to hear about this, Meg! How careless of the other owner. I'm glad to hear that Beau is okay and is eating treats. That would make me nervous about walking multiple dogs. I hope the pitbull owner is paying for the vet bills, etc.

This was the only time that I wore my moto. Beau got attacked by a Pitbull yesterday when I was walking him and Misha. It was the scariest thing ever. My neighbor had been fostering the dog. She had it across the street on a leash, and I had Misha and Beau on two separate leashes, thank God. I normally have them on a dual leash. Yesterday was the first time that I did separate leashes, and I only did that because Misha has a new habit of chasing cars as they pass. So I needed more control which you don't get with a dual leash. Anyway the dog broke free raced across the street and jumped on Beau. I pulled Misha up by the leash and got him in my arms but was unable to protect both dogs. My neighbor ran across the street and jumped on the Pitbull. Beau was able to slip his collar, and he ran all the way home. I thought he was ok at first but then I felt a lump and took him to the vet where she found a puncture wound. Here is the pic of us waiting for them to get his antibiotics and pain meds. Also, a huge thank you to JP who kept me company via text while I was at the vet. It was a great moral support.

This is awful. Poor Beau and you. Your neighbour should have been more careful. There is a reason why pitbulls are banned in the UK.

This was the only time that I wore my moto. Beau got attacked by a Pitbull yesterday when I was walking him and Misha. It was the scariest thing ever. My neighbor had been fostering the dog. She had it across the street on a leash, and I had Misha and Beau on two separate leashes, thank God. I normally have them on a dual leash. Yesterday was the first time that I did separate leashes, and I only did that because Misha has a new habit of chasing cars as they pass. So I needed more control which you don't get with a dual leash. Anyway the dog broke free raced across the street and jumped on Beau. I pulled Misha up by the leash and got him in my arms but was unable to protect both dogs. My neighbor ran across the street and jumped on the Pitbull. Beau was able to slip his collar, and he ran all the way home. I thought he was ok at first but then I felt a lump and took him to the vet where she found a puncture wound. Here is the pic of us waiting for them to get his antibiotics and pain meds. Also, a huge thank you to JP who kept me company via text while I was at the vet. It was a great moral support.

Super Scary for you and Beau! To say the least. Hope the neighbor gets that pitbull some training---major dog agression 4 sure! She should pay for your vet bills!
Glad he seems to be on the mend. Years ago, came face to face with a wild coyote on the path in the woods, while my dog was on leash with me. We slowly walked backwards out of the situation. Take care!. In the midwest we have a lot of coyotes in this area (my small shih tzu male was attacked by a coyote 4 years ago and later died of his fatal wounds).

Super Scary for you and Beau! To say the least. Hope the neighbor gets that pitbull some training---major dog agression 4 sure! She should pay for your vet bills!
Glad he seems to be on the mend. Years ago, came face to face with a wild coyote on the path in the woods, while my dog was on leash with me. We slowly walked backwards out of the situation. Take care!. In the midwest we have a lot of coyotes in this area (my small shih tzu male was attacked by a coyote 4 years ago and later died of his fatal wounds).

Awwww noooooo :sad:

I'm so behind:
JDN: loving your mod shots in asphalt
JP: I think the new moto looked lovely but it looks like you could size down (if you wanted)
JMacadon: congrats on militaire, these are rare and a fabulous neutral

It was my last day in work today, celebrated with a bit of shopping and a coffee with 07 and my new to me 05 khaki first, and I got my braces off
View attachment 2528360

This story just makes my heart pound! I'm so glad everyone, especially Beau, is relatively okay, given how bad this could have been. The awful thing is how often events like this seem to occur: responsible owner walking dog on leash has dog attacked by either a free-roaming dog or one not adequately controlled by its owner. It happened recently to a friend when a professional dog walker let a dog he was walking attack her dog. He then stood by and watched while she literally had her hands in the dog's mouth, trying to pry his jaws open, while screaming for help. She remembered hearing that a punch in the nose might help, and tried that. The dog released enough that she could grab her dog, while passers-by finally came to help. Too scary! But at least you were the best-dressed scared out of your mind lady ever, in your moto, to return to topic! Hugs all around, and treats!
Thank you. I always wondered how those dog walkers can walk so many dogs at once and stay in control of the dogs and keep them safe in their surroundings.
Meg, I'm so sorry poor Beau got bitten and the fright you got, luckily it wasn't worse; hoping he has a speedy recovery
Thanks Lisa it could have been so much worse. If it had been misha that got grabbed he would be dead for sure.
Wow, thank goodness for extra fat. The attack must have been really horrible. To know that his extra fat saved his life!

The neighbor who jumped on the pit bull, is he the foster parent? What did he say? Was the dog mistreated in the past? It is sad to hear these stories.
The neighbor is a woman older than I am but stronger and definitely tougher. She rescued the dog from the streets, so no idea about the background had it for 2 weeks and was trying to find her a home. She said the dog had not been at all aggressive but had been in her backyard since she brought her home so I am not totally sure that is true. She has a German Shepard, a lab mix and a small schnauzer so my guess is she had some idea the pitbull was dog aggressive. She apologized came to my house to make sure beau was ok and brought back his collar which he slipped and his leash. She only found out this morning that I had to take him to the vet. She called me and immediately apologized again asked how much the vet bill was and said she would come by after work and reimburse me. Beau is her favorite dog in the neighborhood and she is really upset. The dog has been picked up by animal control and they have been informed that she attacked a small dog. My guess is that she will be put down. I feel badly for the dog but she is far too dangerous to have in our neiborhood.

I'm so behind:
JP: I think the new moto looked lovely but it looks like you could size down (if you wanted)

It was my last day in work today, celebrated with a bit of shopping and a coffee with 07 and my new to me 05 khaki first, and I got my braces off
View attachment 2528360

I'm so behind:

View attachment 2528360

I'm so sorry Meg, you can't seem to catch a break. :sad:
I know!
Omg meg! I'm so glad you and Misha are okay and I hope Beau will recover soon! What is gonna happen to the dangerous dog?
Went to the pound and will probably be put down.
I'm so sad to hear about this, Meg! How careless of the other owner. I'm glad to hear that Beau is okay and is eating treats. That would make me nervous about walking multiple dogs. I hope the pitbull owner is paying for the vet bills, etc.
She will pay the vet bill and the dog has gone. Even still 1 dog at a time from now on.
This is awful. Poor Beau and you. Your neighbour should have been more careful. There is a reason why pitbulls are banned in the UK.
She just wasn't strong enough to hold her. Shw was huge and powerful.
I am so sorry about your little dog. We regularly see coyotes here. I once opened my garage door and there was one standing there just stareing at me and Beau. I had to scream at it to get it to leave. Poor Beau seems to always be there for the drama.

oh meg! I'm so sorry. This happened to my dogs when I was in high school. They were on our front porch. Pitbull down the street got loose and attacked them. It was very scary and it was touch and go with them as he got one of my dogs by the throat. thank goodness for emergency vets right? many hugs and kisses to little Beau. I hope you all feel better soon.

Yep, got that shawl. I resisted for a few days, but this morning I decided I needed it after the weekend that I had.

Mine ask for them all the time. You need to be very strict with your motos or you are heading down a slippery slope. Trust me I know. BTW, which one is your moto asking for?

Yeah for you. Please post pics. I love seeing all your photos.

It is a pre-owned scarf with teddy bears on it. My boyfriend tried to call the shop to get it as a gift, I am not sure if he was able to get it. I hope so because- well teddy bears!

I'm so behind:

View attachment 2528360

cookie I'm sorry to hear that :sad:. We have coyotes as well in the north east. They are different than the ones in the west because they cross breed with wolves so they look like small German shepherds. Are the ones in the Midwest like that?