Joan Rivers 1933-2014 "Can we talk....?"

According to this article in People, it was during a publicity stunt with Miss Piggy. The video shows Joan falling face first onto a cake but was that part planned?

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20792341,00.html Video link, also in article. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmjjiKSklVA.

[FONT=&quot]Joan Rivers Gets Cake-Bombed at L.A. Bash – Who Was the Culprit?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By Alexis L. Loinaz[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]UPDATED 03/01/2014 at 01:00 PM EST • Originally published 03/01/2014 at 09:45 AM EST [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This one takes the cake.

Joan Rivers had a not-so-sweet sweet-tooth encounter when she was photographed Friday dashing out of a Los Angeles party covered in what looks like icing and cake.

The 80-year-old Fashion Police host was attending the QVC Red Carpet Style bash at the Four Seasons, in the online retailer's run-up to this Sunday's big Oscar blowout.

Dressed in a black lace overlay and trousers, the comedian was all smiles working the red carpet as she entered the party, but, afterward, stormed out slathered in icing as she flailing at shutterbugs while making a dash for her car. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So who was the culprit?

Turns out, the debacle was an elaborate publicity stunt orchestrated by none other than ... Miss Piggy.

The diva Muppet is set to launch her own line of products on QVC, and – in a gag video from the event that popped up on Saturday – Miss Piggy and Rivers get into a verbal melee before the comedian is shoved into a towering cake.

The feisty Muppet also taunted Rivers on Twitter, writing: "If @Joan_Rivers can do a line on @QVC, I can do it better! How do you like them apples, Joannie!?

Then again, Rivers has had quite a mouthful of pastry in the past: For her birthday last year, the funnylady took a cake to the face when Fergie stopped by Fashion Police and offered up a memorable food fight.

Talk about just desserts. [/FONT]

aww:sad: i love Joan Rivers, while i do think some of the stuff she says isn't all that nice, I can't believe someone would throw a cake at an 80 year old woman:tdown::tdown:
Agree, but everyone knows not to mess with Piggy :biggrin:

(I really hope it was a stunt, Joan is crass and mean but I still love her.)

Joan went to damn far this time. This is not funny!

'They lived rent free for a decade!' Joan Rivers REFUSES to apologize for mocking Cleveland kidnap victims as she hurls more insults
Comedienne quipped on Wednesday that 'those women in the basement in Cleveland had more space' than she did while filming new reality show
Lawyers for two of the women branded the comments hurtful
But Rivers has reportedly refused to apologize - telling the women to lighten up and take a joke
Today show hosts said on Thursday that they did not condone the 'joke'

Joan Rivers has refused to apologize to the three women who were held captive in a basement for nearly a decade after joking at their expense - and has hurled even more insults at them.
The comedienne caused outrage on Wednesday when she compared her daughter's guest room with the captivity the women experienced at the home of Ariel Castro.
'Those women in the basement in Cleveland had more space,' she quipped on the Today show.
And later, after the women's lawyers branded her comments hurtful, Rivers said the women really shouldn't be complaining.

'They got to live rent free for more than a decade,' she defiantly told TMZ.
'One of them has a book deal. Neither are in a psych ward. They're ok. I bet you within three years one of them will be on Dancing with the Stars.'

The 80-year-old sharp-tongued television host brushed off her joke as she spoke to a local paper in Cleveland.
There is nothing to apologize for,' she told the Cleveland Plain Dealer. 'I know what those girls went through. It was a little stupid joke. There is nothing to apologize for.

'I made a joke. That's what I do. Calm down. Calm f***ing down. I'm a comedienne. They're free, so let’s move on.'
A Wednesday statement from attorneys for Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus had called Rivers' earlier remark about their captivity hurtful and shocking.
The attorneys say the women have endured painful media attention and the comment is 'a new low' that warrants an apology.
On Thursday, Today show host Willie Geist - who had gasped alongside his fellow hosts when Rivers made the quip earlier in the week - said they did not condone what she had said.
'We regret her comment was made on our air - deeply and truly,' he said. 'I hope our reactions in real time show that way we felt about her attempted joke... We obviously didn't find it funny and we didn't approve of it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-seek-Joan-Rivers-apology.html#ixzz2zoW0ft9f

Joan went to damn far this time. This is not funny!

'They lived rent free for a decade!' Joan Rivers REFUSES to apologize for mocking Cleveland kidnap victims as she hurls more insults
Comedienne quipped on Wednesday that 'those women in the basement in Cleveland had more space' than she did while filming new reality show
Lawyers for two of the women branded the comments hurtful
But Rivers has reportedly refused to apologize - telling the women to lighten up and take a joke
Today show hosts said on Thursday that they did not condone the 'joke'

Joan Rivers has refused to apologize to the three women who were held captive in a basement for nearly a decade after joking at their expense - and has hurled even more insults at them.
The comedienne caused outrage on Wednesday when she compared her daughter's guest room with the captivity the women experienced at the home of Ariel Castro.
'Those women in the basement in Cleveland had more space,' she quipped on the Today show.
And later, after the women's lawyers branded her comments hurtful, Rivers said the women really shouldn't be complaining.

'They got to live rent free for more than a decade,' she defiantly told TMZ.
'One of them has a book deal. Neither are in a psych ward. They're ok. I bet you within three years one of them will be on Dancing with the Stars.'

The 80-year-old sharp-tongued television host brushed off her joke as she spoke to a local paper in Cleveland.
There is nothing to apologize for,' she told the Cleveland Plain Dealer. 'I know what those girls went through. It was a little stupid joke. There is nothing to apologize for.

'I made a joke. That's what I do. Calm down. Calm f***ing down. I'm a comedienne. They're free, so let’s move on.'
A Wednesday statement from attorneys for Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus had called Rivers' earlier remark about their captivity hurtful and shocking.
The attorneys say the women have endured painful media attention and the comment is 'a new low' that warrants an apology.
On Thursday, Today show host Willie Geist - who had gasped alongside his fellow hosts when Rivers made the quip earlier in the week - said they did not condone what she had said.
'We regret her comment was made on our air - deeply and truly,' he said. 'I hope our reactions in real time show that way we felt about her attempted joke... We obviously didn't find it funny and we didn't approve of it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-seek-Joan-Rivers-apology.html#ixzz2zoW0ft9f

You can make many jokes but traumatic event that these women had to endure is not one of them.

making crass jokes is one thing but this really went too far. those women endured unimaginable crap for 10 years, its nothing to joke about ever… if anyone had any right to make light about their situation it would've been the victims themselves, not this old hag.