History Channel Vikings Season 2

Apr 7, 2013
Anybody watched the 1st season? Season 2 returns on Feb 27th.

F9XTt9S.png

From Wikipedia quick recap:

The first season portrays Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) as a young Viking warrior who longs to discover civilizations across the seas. With his friend, the gifted craftsman Floki (Gustaf Skarsgård), he builds a new generation of faster longships and challenges the local ruler, Earl Haraldson (Gabriel Byrne), a man of little vision, to allow raids into unexplored North East England. He is supported by his brother Rollo (Clive Standen), who secretly covets Ragnar's wife, the shieldmaiden Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick). Ragnar succeeds in carrying out the first Viking raids into the English kingdom of Northumbria, returning with rich loot and the monk Athelstan (George Blagden) as a slave. This not only earns him the enmity of King Aelle (Ivan Kaye), but triggers a series of increasingly violent confrontations at home with the autocratic Earl, ending with Ragnar killing and succeeding him. Ragnar pledges fealty to King Horik (Donal Logue) and represents him in negotiations about a land dispute with Earl Borg from Götaland (Thorbjørn Harr), in the course of which he is seduced by the princess Aslaug (Alyssa Sutherland).

M2O9vMM.jpg

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings/videos/vikings-season-2-sneak

xoLOm7X.jpg

The new season kicks off with Ragnar with more power than ever now that he's an Earl, allied with King Horrik (Donal Logue). Season two of Vikings brings crises of faith, power and relationships as brothers rise up against one another and loyalties shift.

In another exclusive photo, Lagertha and Ragnar are in the middle of a very heated conversation. Perhaps because of a pregnant former mistress? Will Lagertha leave her husband or stand by his side? You'll have to watch the season two premiere on Thursday, Feb. 27.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cg_5UVL3fs

Ragnar mastering the killer eye...

tumblr_mteb2o5wwt1s4buwjo1_500.gif

tumblr_mli9e622K21rh7ag8o1_500.gif

tumblr_mnzkk5D2aT1qdae2ro1_500.gif

Well, in a catfight... team Lagertha!

I tried to find it first but nothing appeared, how odd... Sorry mods in case, please merge.
The love triangle thing is going to be messy, and I'm sure grown up Bjorn will pester his father about it too.

one more week to go....

Latest Travis Fimmel interview by Big Issue

The Aussie actor on being a simple farm boy, mastering English, and why the Vikings were "pretty harsh"

Do you think Vikings have been given
an unfair reputation? Gosh, for sure they were pretty harsh people, mate. It’s our job as actors to make people relate and give reasons for why they did pretty terrible things.
Starring in a show called Vikings, do you find yourself having to defend their behaviour all the time? Most people think they’re righteous in whatever they do. The Scandinavian landscape is pretty sparse. It’s hard to grow stuff so they’re trying to find better lands to crop and farm – and to kill people, I guess.
Do you think Vikings is educational? Many of the characters are based on true people and there are plenty of facts. It’s a more entertaining way of learning, for sure. It’s not that fun reading books most of the time.
Your character, Ragnar, was a real person, so you’ll know sooner or later your character is going to die after he’s thrown into a pit of snakes… But my children go on to do better things than Ragnar actually did. They go on to explore a lot more places and have a lot more battles – some amazing stuff.
You sound almost proud. They avenge my death as well. Go get ’em, kids!
For some scenes you have to speak Norse. Was that easy to learn? It was very difficult. When we’re speaking Norse I’m pretty much making stuff up, to be honest. In one scene I had to speak Saxon, Norse and English. I had the English down but the other two got pretty confusing.
Have any Norsemen written to the show to complain? Luckily there aren’t many of them around.
Would you have made a good Viking? I would have died pretty quick. In the TV world you get to live a bit longer, but all those fights – half the people died every time. But I like that way of life. Everyone should go out and get your own food.
What could we learn from the Vikings today? I’m pretty old-school. I’m not a big fan of all the technology but I always try to get permission for sex, though. I’m a farm boy so I like the simple way of life.
Do you prefer that way of life to being an actor? I wish I was on the farm the whole time but there’s no money in it, mate. I’m doing this to make some money so I can get my own place up in the hills somewhere.
Has that always been your long-term plan? It was a short-term plan but this industry’s pretty hard. Now it’s a long-term plan. But it’s hard to get a girl to come and live with you in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.bigissue.com/features/in...w-it-s-not-fun-reading-books-most-of-the-time

Travis Fimmel Interview for Flaunt Magazine :

There are paths seen and unseen. There are paths taken. There are the Midwest housewives who sit at home, but formerly popped bennies and ran topless through every jam band show at the local amphitheater. There are the vagrant, longhaired transients who receive stares as they push their cart of nothings around sweaty Southern towns, but formerly received stares only because they were professing at the front of a philosophy class. There are the attention-deficit young men, oft chastised for their inability to focus, but given open creativity, become playwrights and screenwriters. There are the balladeers. There are the celebrities. There is the you. There is the me. And there is Travis Fimmel, sitting in a hotel room in Vancouver, freezing his balls off. His is a story of barefooted farm boy turned bare-bodied model turned actor.
“It’s bloody cold,” he says in a relaxed Australian drawl. Of course it is. Fimmel grew up helping out on the family farm in a small town on the fork of two rivers in the middle of the sunburnt Australia. He’s currently in the benumbed west Canadian port city filming Duncan Jones’ Warcraft: a film of epic proportion and expectation. But despite the video game-based film, one gets the feeling Fimmel is the kind of lad that would much rather be chopping wood than mashing plastic buttons on a gaming controller. “I’d never heard of it,” he freely admits.
The path begins.
When I ask about his early foray into Australian-rules football, he concedes what stymied the course, “Yeah but I sucked at it, man, I was very bad.” And thus he skipped the sporting life and tried college, “I didn’t pass any classes because I didn’t end up showing up—I was doing project managing for construction, like a foreman. Architecture and commerce [was the] main part of the course, I didn’t really want to go to college, I was just trying to fill in time…but then I ended up going overseas.” Fimmel wasn’t meant to be a paper-pushing desk jockey; just as Paul ****ing Newman wasn’t meant to sling charred chicory at 9to5ers. With those baby blues and gilded locks it wasn’t long before Fimmel was modeling, most notably for Calvin Klein and most times wearing not a stitch. Previously Fimmel has played down his years of modeling, crediting favorable lighting, advanced cameras, and Photoshop for his looks and success. In fact, it’s speculated—and blatantly obvious upon viewing—that Fimmel was the inspiration behind Samantha’s washed-out brick-bod lover—“Jerry” Smith Jerrod—on Sex and the City.
The path winds.
“Wound up in L.A., got into an acting class and then that’s where I started acting. I had no idea, never wanted to do this stuff, still don’t really want to do it, mate,” he admits. Fimmel is even-keeled, he exudes a thoughtless vibe, and as much as Fimmel plays it all down, one even has to question how hard he worked to get to his current status. Sometimes his nonchalant nature can come off as arrogant, and it’s easy to imagine he’s often misunderstood, but could care less; he’s just riding the wave. And it may have stuttered a bit in the beginning, Fimmel took jobs everyone in Hollywood thought would pay dividends but floundered [see: WB’s Tarzan] until he grew a beard and started swinging an axe. Ah, the farm boy swinging the axe again. It’s in History Channel’s Vikings that Fimmel has found his niche, receiving acclaim for his portrayal of the contemplative but merciless, Ragnar Lothbrok, a deep-thinking maniac from Viking Age Europe. There is a swagger to his character that is maintained somewhere within Fimmel. When I ask about his association with Ragnar, he states, “Every guy that I know that fights is always the quietest guy in the room; I just try to think more than talk. You’ll always learn more by listening rather than being the loudest guy in the room. And whatever you do, you do because you enjoy it, so I try to make my character enjoy fighting.”
The path straightens.
And so we find ourselves back in that Vancouver hotel room, freezing our balls off with Fimmel, as he’s in the midst of shooting the biggest film of his career. With all the aloofness Fimmel radiates, it piques one’s interest to know what he really is passionate about, “Farming mate, that’s what I want to do. I love the country. It’s hard to explain. When you grow up in the country you just enjoy it so much. I love animals and I love trees and anything country.”
And, lastly, that beard that’s quickly becoming his trademark: “It just grew I guess, I couldn’t for ages. I would have loved to grow one when I was a kid, I would have loved to have gone to prom and school and **** with a beard.”
Nothing to do with shedding the barefaced image of your Calvin Klein days?
“[Audibly scoffs] ****. I couldn’t grow one then otherwise I would have had one.”
That would have been a different path.

(via www.flaunt.com)
Pics from the interview

tumblr_n1lkfovCp71sn0cp3o3_500.jpg

tumblr_n1lkfovCp71sn0cp3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n1lkfovCp71sn0cp3o6_500.jpg

tumblr_n1lkfovCp71sn0cp3o5_500.jpg

tumblr_n1lkfovCp71sn0cp3o7_500.jpg

tumblr_n1lkfovCp71sn0cp3o8_500.jpg

tumblr_n1lkfovCp71sn0cp3o4_500.jpg

The last one is my personal fave.

Can't believe my crush is back on this guy... I used to have him plastered all over my walls during his CK days, now he's grew a beard and is even more attractive :amuse:

I finally finished watching the first season. Ragnar and Rollo look like they smell god-awful but they're so pretty.

LOL, I agree! Travis/Ragnar is sooo sexy and so crazy looking at the same time. I think there is something about his eyes. Beautiful but kind of schizo looking. I just watched him in a movie with Stephen Moyer (Bill from True Blood) and while he was handsome, he plays crazy and out of control quite well. It is a strange combo but one that really works for his role on Vikings. Very believable. Love this show!

LOL, I agree! Travis/Ragnar is sooo sexy and so crazy looking at the same time. I think there is something about his eyes. Beautiful but kind of schizo looking. I just watched him in a movie with Stephen Moyer (Bill from True Blood) and while he was handsome, he plays crazy and out of control quite well. It is a strange combo but one that really works for his role on Vikings. Very believable. Love this show!

Oh yeah Restraint, with the actress from Warm Bodies (that film was good), Fimmel gave a strong Brad Pitt vibe in that one! His acting has vastly improved since the Tarzan series (not gonna lie I watched it only for him back then).

I'm frustrated since I'm in Europe I won't be able to watch Vikings before tomorrow, but eh still.... Tonight it's back!!! :yahoo:

Oh my goodness, this is back tonight?

Great!

May I say, I don't like how Ragnar just tossed his wife aside (so to speak) for the Princess. He did her dirty. It made me like him a little less even though I understand that culturally, what he did might have been just fine. But, jeez, his wife was so 'ride or die', I mean she fought beside him in battle and her support (at home and at battle) got him where he is now. But, he just couldn't keep it zipped. :tdown:

Wow, just read what I wrote and I probably shouldn't have re-watched Waiting To Exhale the other day...

So sad Lagertha leaving! Glad she still on the show though! Princess was kinda smug though wanted to be wife #2. I am surprised Lagertha did not kick her behind! He kinda looked afraid when she docked!

I am trying to figure out if Ragnar is really upset that Lagatha left or more so that his son did, hard to read. I think he was upset in a "how dare you leave me" way but not sure he was crying over her in the end

Holy smokes when Rollo lifted that kid up in the air with the stake in him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!