Any pics of spring 2014 beige caviar?

I'm confused.

I bought my beige classic flap early February this year. There was no tag and I'm not sure what colour it is. I assumed it was beige Claire because it's a lighter beige - but now it sounds as though it's a seasonal beige and not beige Claire.

Can any shed some light re: the actual colour of my classic flap?

The code on my receipt says:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393508510.926959.jpg

I had previously taken photos of my bag and without flash, it looked exactly like the photo your SA sent.. But it looked much darker when the photo was taken with flash on.

Last edited:
Here's the pic that my SA sent me. I do love the color, but I hope that a light colored jumbo won't look huge.

The beige jumbo caviar flap in this pic does not have stitched edges on its flap, while most of the jumbo caviar flaps in the pics posted on this forum have stitched edges on the flap.

Does it mean that the jumbo caviar flaps with this season's colors do not have stitched edges on its flap?
Or all caviar flaps from now onwards will not be having stitched edges?

The beige jumbo caviar flap in this pic does not have stitched edges on its flap, while most of the jumbo caviar flaps in the pics posted on this forum have stitched edges on the flap.

Does it mean that the jumbo caviar flaps with this season's colors do not have stitched edges on its flap?
Or all caviar flaps from now onwards will not be having stitched edges?

I would love to know as well. I just scrolled through pics on the reference thread and some having stitching, some don't. Maybe it is specific to seasonal colors?

Only Classic Black and Beige Clair (not seasonal beiges) have the stitched flap. Chanel stopped putting the stitching around the flaps on seasonal colors in 2010 (10A). Only exceptions were the 12P Pearly Beige and weirdly the m/l size 14C light pink. The boutiques have had Classic White in regular caviar & stitched, but for 14C only had the seasonal white.

I would love to know as well. I just scrolled through pics on the reference thread and some having stitching, some don't. Maybe it is specific to seasonal colors?

My SA at Jeffrey's New York has the Dark Beige M/L from 14S in this same caviar with SHW. It is not dark at all. It looks quite light. PM me for SA info if interested and she can send you a pic.

I picked up the bag today. It definitely photographs much lighter than it really is - although I think it looks darker in the pic that I just took than it does IRL. That's why it's so important to go see these bags in person. I was a little disappointed when my SA took it out of the dust bag, because based on the pics on here I was expecting an ivory/cream color. It is more of a yellow beigy cream compared to classic beige claire which to me is a peachy beige. I took quite a bit of time modeling it in front of the boutique mirrors and my SA even took me out onto the sidewalk in front of the store so I could see what it looked like in natural light. I ended up buying it and have paired it with the outfits that I had in mind to go with this particular bag. It looks great with most - a few it just isn't light enough to really work.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I like it. I think I just have to get over the fact that it wasn't what I was expecting.

For anyone who may be interested in this color, I took a pic of it with a pair of white jeans and a cream Dior bag.

Attachments

• Chanel 14C light beige.jpg
    Chanel 14C light beige.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 370
  • Chanel 14C lightbeige 001.jpg
    Chanel 14C lightbeige 001.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 370
I pm'ed you her info :smile:

Thanks. Still can't decide which one I want (or two).:graucho:

I picked up the bag today. It definitely photographs much lighter than it really is - although I think it looks darker in the pic that I just took than it does IRL. That's why it's so important to go see these bags in person. I was a little disappointed when my SA took it out of the dust bag, because based on the pics on here I was expecting an ivory/cream color. It is more of a yellow beigy cream compared to classic beige claire which to me is a peachy beige. I took quite a bit of time modeling it in front of the boutique mirrors and my SA even took me out onto the sidewalk in front of the store so I could see what it looked like in natural light. I ended up buying it and have paired it with the outfits that I had in mind to go with this particular bag. It looks great with most - a few it just isn't light enough to really work.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I like it. I think I just have to get over the fact that it wasn't what I was expecting.

For anyone who may be interested in this color, I took a pic of it with a pair of white jeans and a cream Dior bag.

I love it! Post modeling pictures!