How did you choose between Mono Artsy and Empreinte?

mooLV

O.G.
Feb 12, 2014
Hello all,

First time posting, so not sure if this is the right spot, but didn't want to get lost in the clubhouse...

I have been eyeing the Artsy since Christmas - not sure I will be able to get it before the increase though - but I was wondering other than price, how did you choose between the Mono Artsy and the Empreinte? Would love to hear from you. TIA!

I prefer lower key bags, so I tend to shy away from the monogram canvas. I do have a Sully MM, which is monogram, but it is more casual than the Artsy and I wear it at home, so it doesn't bother me as much to have the monogram. I don't like to carry monogram to work.

Empreinte is way more comfortable than Mono Artsy and IMO, looks better when carried. The odd shaped base sticks out too far on the Mono and feels awkward. Plus, the handle is stiff and cumbersome.
Given the choice, Empreinte over Mono!

I think it come down to three things

Look: the monogram is flashier to some, I think it's definitely more universally recognized as LV. I do think the mono is more casual than the empreinte, but it also depends on what color you pick.

Comfort: the empreinte weighs more, but the handle is softer. The monogram handle will soften overtime, but you have to "break it in" and care for the vachetta. It's a little more high Maitenence to begin with than the empreinte.

Price: the empreinte, since it's an all leather bag, costs a bit more than the monogram. I think the mono is about $1800 while the empreinte is around $2900.

I hope that helps! GL with your decision! Both are beautiful you really can't go wrong :smile:

Empreinte is way more comfortable than Mono Artsy and IMO, looks better when carried. The odd shaped base sticks out too far on the Mono and feels awkward. Plus, the handle is stiff and cumbersome.
Given the choice, Empreinte over Mono!

I totally agree with this! I have the Artsy MM in Mono and it is soooo lovely, especially that leather braided handle! It is to die for! I do not find this bag comfortable, though. What a bummer. I still love it, but don't carry it much, and never for long periods of time. If I could do it again, I would buy Empreinte instead of the Mono.

I have both but I find my Empi much softer, seems lighter, sits better on my shoulder and is a lovely yet discreet bag. People don't realise what it is so I don't get the comments about how much did that cost etc. people just think it's a lovely bag. The nice flash of colour always looks good too.

I'd also like to add that I have both because I had a Artsy Mono at launch and the Empi came later. I put off getting it because I had an artsy and I don't really like having the same bag but just couldn't resist anymore and if I had the choice between the two at the outset I would of gone leather.

I love both & pondered for what seemed like forever I have 3 mono styled handbags and decided just last week to go with the all leather Artsy (aube) b4 the increase. Now I want the Mono b4 the increase, however I have to get over it

How often do you use your Artsy's? Would love to hear your experiences and advice.

I don't know if I would use the Artsy as much as some of my other bags - it would be more of a statement piece...I guess this is one reason I am leaning towards mono - because I don't want to spend $$$ on an empreinte that I will only use a handfull of times in a year.