Diamond Studs

I love my diamond studs and wear them all the time 24/7, I have 4cttw and have no problem sleeping with them. I used to have 1 cttw and those were perfectly lovely, the size is very nice and you'll be very happy with them I am sure.

I am thinking of getting some diamond studs lately also. Do you all feel like your studs go with "everything" - or do you change them out if you are wearing, say, yellow gold for a necklace??

I was thinking of getting a bezel set pair in 0.8 or so tcw.

i rarely wear earrings, when I do I wear my pearl studs. so I hope I would actually wear studs a lot.. Hmm. :smile:

Hello ladies, does anyone here wear cushion cuts as studs? I have rounds and am looking for something different, and am very attracted to cushion cut. I'm thinking 2 ct each year (4ctw) to wear out, i'll still wear my rounds for everyday. Would love to hear your thoughts

I am considering cushion cut studs too and would like to know.

Hi ladies,
I have a pair of 1.5ctw studs with jackets that I wear for nights out so I'm looking for a small everyday daytime pair - something under 1 ctw.
Do you think there's a significant difference between .8 and .7 ctw? Or the 1 ctw and .8? I have a good idea of what the 1ctw looks like as a basis for comparison and wondering if the .8 is noticeably smaller or if I should go for the .7?
Thanks in advance ladies!!!

i have studs that are 1ct total weight and think the .50 in each ear is the perfect every day size. mine are screw-backs and i wear them 24/7. this is the first pair of earrings i've ever been able to sleep in. i also have short hair, just a little below my ears so they aren't hard to see since i tuck my hair behind my ears a lot.

Hi ladies,
I have a pair of 1.5ctw studs with jackets that I wear for nights out so I'm looking for a small everyday daytime pair - something under 1 ctw.
Do you think there's a significant difference between .8 and .7 ctw? Or the 1 ctw and .8? I have a good idea of what the 1ctw looks like as a basis for comparison and wondering if the .8 is noticeably smaller or if I should go for the .7?
Thanks in advance ladies!!!

No, between a .7 and a .8 won't be a noticeable difference IMO. A .7 and a 1.0 will be noticeable.

I think it depends on the size of your earlobes. I have tiny earlobes. A half carat barely fits on my ear. I have .48's on each side (.96 TCW) and it uses up my entire lobe and looks gigantic. So a lot about size depends on your anatomy.

Reactions: Julide
If any?

1ctw (.5 each) GIA excellent cut, color I, VVS1, med to slightly thick girdle
Table 55%, depth 62.3%, crown angle 35*, pavilion angle 40.8*
Table 55%, depth 62.2%,crown angle 35.5*, pavilion angle 40.6*
$3582

1.2ctw (.6 each) GIA excellent cut, color H, VVS2, med girdle
Table 55%, depth 61.9%, crown angle 35.5*, pavilion angle 40.6*
Table 55%, depth 62.7%, crown angle 36*, pavilion angle 40.6*
$4930

None. They're too deep and those angles don't go together. Check out the cheat sheet in the reference thread. The 2nd pair is better of the two, but neither should get your money.

I'd personally come down on clarity to a VS1, unless you have a strong reason for wanting studs that clean, like you'll use them later in a ring.

Ahhh...now I see what you mean. Your cheat sheet makes much more sense when not drinking champagne but shopping for diamonds is a lot more fun with the bubbly. And the search goes on... thanks again!

I have 3 ctw in a 3 prong martini with extra large screw backs. They're amazing, I steam clean them on Fridays and put them right back in. I have a lot of hair so thought I'd need bigger (and I did!) . But with studs you can go down a little in color and clarity, a good jeweler would recommend that actually.