Classic black pump/heel for presentation

irene83

O.G.
Mar 14, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have a work-related presentation coming up, and I am looking for a pair of black heels that I can comfortably stand in for at least 2+ hours without tiring me out.

I was looking into the Jimmy Choo vega, but I was wondering if you ladies had better recommendations.

Vega has a 2 1/2 inch heel, which is slightly higher than a kitten heel, but because I am short (5.4), I'd prefer a pair that is at least 3 inches, yet very comfortable.

Any ideas? Thank you so much for any help!

Hello everyone,

I have a work-related presentation coming up, and I am looking for a pair of black heels that I can comfortably stand in for at least 2+ hours without tiring me out.

I was looking into the Jimmy Choo vega, but I was wondering if you ladies had better recommendations.

Vega has a 2 1/2 inch heel, which is slightly higher than a kitten heel, but because I am short (5.4), I'd prefer a pair that is at least 3 inches, yet very comfortable.

In the mid price range, cheaper than Choo I would go for something like the LK Bennett Sledge.
Very easy to wear.

http://www.lkbennett.com/c/Sledge-P...urt/p/SCSLEDGEPATENTBlackBlack?nr=8&product=8

Attachments

• Sledge%20Patent%20Leather%20Platform%20Court%20Shoe.jpg
    Sledge%20Patent%20Leather%20Platform%20Court%20Shoe.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 347
Comfort: Can't go wrong with either Prada or Ferragamo.

Prada.jpg

Ferragamo.jpg

Then there's my all time fav - Manolo Blahnik BBs available in various heights and colors. My preference 105 - 115mm. Not as comfy as the above styles, but a whole lot more sexier.

BB-Heel-Height.jpg

If you like the Vega silhouette - but want a higher heel - the Gilbert has a similar silhouette with a 85mm heel (3.3").

GL.

Hello everyone,

Last edited:
lol... I'm in the minority here on tpf... but I'd choose a shorter heel for a comfortable day... any day. I own the Vega, and I think that it'd suit your purpose well.

I've never found the Gilbert to be comfortable enough to purchase. The heel is not as stable as I prefer. There's also the Christian Louboutin Simple 70mm or 85mm, which has a round toe and wearable heel. On the other hand, while most reviews of the Gilbert online are positive, the most common negatives are difficulty with fit and the "plainness" of the style. But, although this is also true of the Simple, the Simple has a loyal following. Meanwhile, I have yet to succumb to the Simple either. :P

Since we have different feet, different thresholds for comfort (or discomfort), and different preferences (i.e. for shoe styles)... we gravitate towards different shoes and different designers. There are so many shoes that fit your category - classic, comfortable pump - that you're bound to find something that suits you.

GL on your search!

I really like the Gilbert look but I am afraid that it is not going to be comfortable enough for a long day. Do you own a pair and know if they are good to wear all day?

Last edited: