TPF Beauty Swap Box Round 11!!! Rules and Sign Ups!

Dec 11, 2008
WOW! Round eleven!! :yahoo:

*Sign ups will end March 7th and the lists will be posted March 9th. Box will be sent out within the next few days!

*One box this round unless we receive a lot of participants. Then I'll make up a second box.

*If you were not in the last few rounds, I will need your state and a GMAIL email address Pmed to me before I will add you to the list.

*You MUST edit the list via Google drive within a reasonable time. I have had participants completely neglect the list. It must be edited before the next person receives the box.

Single use samples do NOT need to be logged.

For those not familiar with the swap box/round robin, we send a box bursting at the seams from person to person and you take out what you like and then put your unwanted products in. Its fun and so far everyone has been incredibly generous with only a few issues.

Please post here if you would like to be included.

RULES

1) US residents only (sorry international TPFers! Rule is in place
since we will be using USPS flat rate boxes to ship in which keeps the
box moving quickly

2) Minimum of 500 posts to participate

3) We will be using large USPS flat rate boxes - this assures everyone
pays the same price for shipping ($16.85) regardless of weight; we can
track the package; and the next person will receive it in 2-3 business
days.

4) Must be able to send tracking number to organizer when shipped.

5) Must send off package no more than 3 days after receipt; PM the
next person on your list for their address once you receive the box.
If next person on the list does not reply in a timely manner then
organizer has the right to remove them or move the in the list pending
the speed of the box and the availability of another spot they can be
moved to.

6) Must put in equal amount (or more) items than what was taken; there
will be a online log sheet for you to cross off what you took and add
in your stash. Please add items of the same value when taking from the box. If you remove a high end item please replace with a high end etc.
If you feel that you can't add your items in please PM
or email organizer to get clarity on next steps. Be detailed about
what you add/remove, the online sheet will show ALL donations and
removals and the intent is by showing transparency we can keep
everyone honest.

7) Items should be in new or good condition. This means if YOU WOULD
NOT USE IT yourself please do not add it into the box. Nothing old,
more than half used or is in such poor shape it may not make the
travel in the box. No used lip glosses or mascaras. Lightly used/swatched lipsticks ok. Please do not use the box for recycling, Origins
and other companies offer proper recycling and disposal of your older
makeup or beauty items.

8) Please wrap up your items (especially liquids) carefully so the
next participant doesn't get a wet, sticky mess (or USPS pulls it;
please don't send anything illegal:
http://www.usps.com/aviationsecurity/). I suggest everything that
could leak or powder all over the place be placed in a baggie.

9) If for any reason you are on the list and can no longer
participate, please let us know ASAP!

10) You must be able to take pictures of what you've taken to post on
the thread. YOU MUST PARTICIPATE IN THE THREAD DISCUSSION before and
after receiving the box. This keeps excitement up for the ladies
watching by keeping things transparent. No need to take pictures of
what you are adding - that way it keeps the rest of the box a surprise
for the upcoming participants. :smile:

11)Email address must be provided for every participant. The reason for
this is that the online spreadsheet of items will be visible ONLY to
the email address of the current box recipient and this will eliminate
issues with reading hand writing or losing/forgetting the sheet log in
the box. Person receiving the box will be given the online sheet
access to edit/add and that sheet will be locked between the box
travels.

Hi, I've never participated, but was just wondering - are these are full sized or sample sizes that are being put in the box?

It's a good mix of everything - some single use/freebie samples, deluxe size samples, and then a LOT of full-sized goodies. You should definitely check out the last round (it's just finishing up); it would give you a great idea of the types of items in the box.

Sending my info now, I'm definitely in for this round! Also, a question: I've got a number of depotted shadows (stickered with brand and color on the bottom). I've currently got them in a case with a magnetic bottom. Would these be allowed to make there way into the box with the idea that people could pick and choose what colors they want? If not it's fine, just seems that most of my shadows these days are depotted to fit into my Z-palettes, so...

It's a good mix of everything - some single use/freebie samples, deluxe size samples, and then a LOT of full-sized goodies. You should definitely check out the last round (it's just finishing up); it would give you a great idea of the types of items in the box.

Sending my info now, I'm definitely in for this round! Also, a question: I've got a number of depotted shadows (stickered with brand and color on the bottom). I've currently got them in a case with a magnetic bottom. Would these be allowed to make there way into the box with the idea that people could pick and choose what colors they want? If not it's fine, just seems that most of my shadows these days are depotted to fit into my Z-palettes, so...

Last round http://forum.purseblog.com/the-beauty-bar/tpf-beauty-swap-box-round-10-reveal-thread-850198.html

I don't see why not

I am in again as well. Resending my info and of course I have a GOOGLE account just so I can update the list, any one who is thinking of joining please do the same or you may not be able to update the list!!

I'm in again too, and will use my gmail address this time. ;) I still have a lot of stuff to contribute.

One suggestion -- can we consider excluding fragrances and makeup bags that have a heavy perfume odor? I worry fragrance samples/bottles will break/leak in transit, and the cloth items with a heavy odor basically permeate everything else in the box. I assume people wouldn't put in a cloth item that reeked of cigarette smoke, to some people the perfume is just as bad. Just a thought!