Hexagon Screws on 15X series reissue?

Mar 7, 2012
Please help! I purchased a 15xxxxxx series red reissue with RH off an online consignment shop (one with outstandingly very reputable reviews). Upon receiving it, I noticed that the screws on the back of the mademoiselle turn lock look different than what I thought they were supposed to look. Rather than a flat head screw, they have a starburst/hexagon shape. I read somewhere that Chanel began using these different screw heads in 2008, but I have never seen this before. All other aspects of the bag look great- I have another reissue so I am able to directly compare...

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? PLEASE HELP!!

Here is a picture for reference...

Attachments

• WP_20140220_014.jpg
    WP_20140220_014.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 337
  • WP_20140220_008 (2).jpg
    WP_20140220_008 (2).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 337
  • WP_20140221_002.jpg
    WP_20140221_002.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 327
Please help! I purchased a 15xxxxxx series red reissue with RH off an online consignment shop (one with outstandingly very reputable reviews). Upon receiving it, I noticed that the screws on the back of the mademoiselle turn lock look different than what I thought they were supposed to look. Rather than a flat head screw, they have a starburst/hexagon shape. I read somewhere that Chanel began using these different screw heads in 2008, but I have never seen this before. All other aspects of the bag look great- I have another reissue so I am able to directly compare...

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? PLEASE HELP!!

Here is a picture for reference...

Yes, I have seen these shaped screws. I don't actually own a bag myself with these screws, but I have seen them more recently on some of the Boy Bags that also have this distressed hardware finish....but I agree with the others, post it on the authenticate this thread just to be sure :smile: