First Michael Kors purchases! (Also, please help me identify)

Aug 14, 2013
Hello ladies :smile:

About a month ago I was in Vegas with my parents. My mom and I decided to check out the outlets, I was mostly wanted to just see the MK store because I've been wanting a bag from there for ages but never went through with buying one. I treated myself to a new bag (not sure what it's called) and a new wallet, here they are:

NEbSbkd.jpg

I really love my new bag. I wanted something more grown up (I'm eighteen, soon to be nineteen in July). I do wish that the crossbody strap connected to the sides of the purse rather than the handles.. it kinda hangs weird, but oh well. The crossbody strap is not comfortable either since it's so thin, but this bag looks best carried by the handles I think. The bag is very, very roomy inside though. The wallet is just beautiful, I think. :biggrin:

Congrats, she's a beauty! I am considering this in either the small or medium size. I looked at the dimensions of this one (the small) and didn't know whether it would work for me or not. Would you mind telling me what you carry in it and whether it fits a regular sized water bottle? Also, does it look proportionate when you wear it? I plan on carrying it by the handles and was worried the size might look childish (I'm 5'3"). Thanks in advance! :smile:

Very sophisticated bag! May I know how much u paid for it? :smile:

Thank you :smile: Hmm, I can't remember exactly now but I believe my bag was $219 and the wallet was about $70.

Cute, congrats and welcome to MK! Looks like a small jet set cross body satchel.

Thank you! Do you know where I can find a link to my exact bag? I looked on MK website and couldn't find it!

Congrats, she's a beauty! I am considering this in either the small or medium size. I looked at the dimensions of this one (the small) and didn't know whether it would work for me or not. Would you mind telling me what you carry in it and whether it fits a regular sized water bottle? Also, does it look proportionate when you wear it? I plan on carrying it by the handles and was worried the size might look childish (I'm 5'3"). Thanks in advance! :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:. I'm about 5' tall, 118 lbs, 27 ish in jeans, 34D in bust.I have no idea if it would carry a water bottle, if you're talking about the plastic ones then probably! I never carry water in my bags so I can't measure for you :sad:. Here are some pictures of how big it is against my body when I carry it. The one where I'm holding it in the middle of my body is to just show you that it's about the width of my mid-section.

Also, I don't usually carry much in any of my bags but this bag can definitely carry a lot. I've carried everything in the picture below and also a bra, leggings and a shirt (was sleeping at my boyfriend's.)

Attachments

• 5o6zju4.jpg
    5o6zju4.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 376
  • HzKoVdg.jpg
    HzKoVdg.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 367
  • iOVZNXR.jpg
    iOVZNXR.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 370
  • Oh112PV.jpg
    Oh112PV.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 362
  • 3LyxUbc.jpg
    3LyxUbc.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 363
Thank you :biggrin:. I'm about 5' tall, 118 lbs, 27 ish in jeans, 34D in bust.I have no idea if it would carry a water bottle, if you're talking about the plastic ones then probably! I never carry water in my bags so I can't measure for you :sad:. Here are some pictures of how big it is against my body when I carry it. The one where I'm holding it in the middle of my body is to just show you that it's about the width of my mid-section.

Also, I don't usually carry much in any of my bags but this bag can definitely carry a lot. I've carried everything in the picture below and also a bra, leggings and a shirt (was sleeping at my boyfriend's.)

Thank you so much for your helpful response! I appreciate that you took the time to post pictures as well. The bag looks great on you, not too big and not too small. I don't carry much either and might just go with this smaller size. Thanks again! :smile:

Hmm. I looked at the small and medium sizes just now, and the small at Macy's has the same crossbody strap as yours, but two screws/studs (don't know what it's called lol) on the front, under the handles. The medium at Nordstrom's has the chain detailing on the strap and also two studs. I noticed that yours has four studs.

Would you mind measuring yours and letting me know if it's the small or medium? Sorry for asking so many questions lol, I'm confused.

These are the dimensions listed (in inches):

Small - 8 x 6 x 3.75
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-jet-set-small-travel-satchel?ID=1183771

Medium - 11 x 8 x 6
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/michael-michael-kors-jet-set-medium-satchel/3631035

ETA: Does anyone know if this is perhaps an outlet exclusive version? I did a search on eBay and the dimensions for this exact one is listed as 10 x 7.5 x 5. Not much of a difference compared to the medium, but I'm just puzzled as to why there are so many different versions of it lol.

Last edited:
Gah! I can't find my measuring tape :sad:
I do think it may be an outlet exclusive because i can't find my bag anywhere online! Could you link that ebay link for me? I'm curious. I should mention that my bag came in four colors at the outlet black, white, and i think green and red.

Lovely bag! It's an outlet version of the small jet set travel satchel. The most notable difference between the outlet version and the boutique/dept. store version is that the outlet version has the two studs underneath each side of the handle while the boutique/dept store version has one screw underneath each side. I also believe the monogramming in the inside is different. I think the outlet version has Michael Kors spelled out in the interior, and the boutique/dept store has the initials.
Here's a link to the small jet set satchel from Macys.
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-jet-set-small-travel-satchel?ID=1183771&CategoryID=27726&LinkType=#fn=sp%3D2%26spc%3D263

There is also a difference in the outlet version and the boutique/dept store version of the large jet set satchel. The boutique/dept store version has a chain connecting the long strap to the bag, while I believe the outlet version either has no strap or either the regular strap. Here's a pic of my large jet set satchel that I picked up from Macys.
2vxozgx.jpg

Lovely bag! It's an outlet version of the small jet set travel satchel. The most notable difference between the outlet version and the boutique/dept. store version is that the outlet version has the two studs underneath each side of the handle while the boutique/dept store version has one screw underneath each side. I also believe the monogramming in the inside is different. I think the outlet version has Michael Kors spelled out in the interior, and the boutique/dept store has the initials.
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-jet-set-small-travel-satchel?ID=1183771&CategoryID=27726&LinkType=#fn=sp%3D2%26spc%3D263

There is also a difference in the outlet version and the boutique/dept store version of the large jet set satchel. The boutique/dept store version has a chain connecting the long strap to the bag, while I believe the outlet version either has no strap or either the regular strap. Here's a pic of my large jet set satchel that I picked up from Macys.

Thanks a ton for clearing that up! I noticed that the one you have is $228, at the outlet it said MSRP $290 but it was marked down to $220? So I guess I paid pretty much full price after all? :sad:

Gah! I can't find my measuring tape :sad:
I do think it may be an outlet exclusive because i can't find my bag anywhere online! Could you link that ebay link for me? I'm curious. I should mention that my bag came in four colors at the outlet black, white, and i think green and red.

Sure! This is one of the eBay listings I came across:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Authent...426?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item35d283d392

If you search "Michael Kors black satchel" you'll see more of them pop up in the search results.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...71&CategoryID=27726&LinkType=#fn=sp=2&spc=263

2vxozgx.jpg

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing up the confusion! Your bag is lovely by the way, beautiful shade of purple!