Horizontal Cabas Tote Reveal

Lvgirl71

O.G.
Sep 14, 2011
I've been away from Celine for over a year now, been focusing more on Chanel and Hermes.
I own two Mini Luggages and love them, but have recently decided to add this baby to my collection!
Celine Horizontal Cabas Tote. I couldn't decide between vertical or horizontal but I like the shoulder option and the big pocket inside, which the Vertical did not have. So here she is in, Burgundy/Turquoise! The leather is so soft and smooshy. If you have this bag please give me your feedback as to how well it holds up!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393073619.293518.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393073632.930555.jpg

Congrats!!! I've had a vertical cabas for over 2 years and there are absolutely no issues.

Enjoy your new piece.

Thank you both! Do you guys find it sturdy enough to hold heavy things? How much weight is the max?
I can't imagine the leather getting any softer, it's already soft!

Thank you both! Do you guys find it sturdy enough to hold heavy things? How much weight is the max?
I can't imagine the leather getting any softer, it's already soft!

What do you mean by "heavy things"?

There has been much discussion about not using this bag as a school bag. Thus, no heavy textbooks or laptops. Doing so will stretch the handles, which, in my humble opinion, may impact the connection between handles and bag.

But for other everyday usage? Do what you will! My tote is very light and when I load it down with my shopping (supermarket run) or anything else, there have been no problems.

If you do a search you should be able to find the exact weight limitation for the cabas bags. An SA informed a tpFer.

Someone had started a cabas club I believe, maybe it needs to be bumped so more cabas owners can share their experience with their bags.

Good luck!

What do you mean by "heavy things"?

There has been much discussion about not using this bag as a school bag. Thus, no heavy textbooks or laptops. Doing so will stretch the handles, which, in my humble opinion, may impact the connection between handles and bag.

But for other everyday usage? Do what you will! My tote is very light and when I load it down with my shopping (supermarket run) or anything else, there have been no problems.

If you do a search you should be able to find the exact weight limitation for the cabas bags. An SA informed a tpFer.

Someone had started a cabas club I believe, maybe it needs to be bumped so more cabas owners can share their experience with their bags.

Good luck!

I thx, I tried to search forum but couldn't find a thread on the horizontal Cabas, thx!

Congrats! What a gorgeous color! I had mine for 2 mos and been using it non-stop. I avoid filling it to the brim as I don't want the straps to get stretched. Mine is my first one and planning to add more soon. I love how carefree and easy this bag is. In addition, this bag holds up really well.

I thx, I tried to search forum but couldn't find a thread on the horizontal Cabas, thx!

Hey there, I just did a search (used "cabas") and found that it will carry up to 5kg - CABAS, CABAS, CABAS

That's about 11lbs. I wouldn't load it up that much, though. Bells (another Celine-r), mentioned in a different thread that she used to carry her lappie but stopped as it affected the integrity of her straps - stretched them.

Hope that helps!

I used mine all last summer and into the fall (it's reddish and I hated to put it away for the winter) and had no problems with it, other than the bottom got a bit dirty, but it was my drag around bag.

I've been away from Celine for over a year now, been focusing more on Chanel and Hermes.
I own two Mini Luggages and love them, but have recently decided to add this baby to my collection!
Celine Horizontal Cabas Tote. I couldn't decide between vertical or horizontal but I like the shoulder option and the big pocket inside, which the Vertical did not have. So here she is in, Burgundy/Turquoise! The leather is so soft and smooshy. If you have this bag please give me your feedback as to how well it holds up!
View attachment 2514584View attachment 2514585
This is a fabulous color combo! Celine makes the best burgundy in my opinion!! I agree with your opinion about the spaciousness of the horizontal cabas. Enjoy your new beauty; she's gorgeous!!! :smile:

Hey there, I just did a search (used "cabas") and found that it will carry up to 5kg - CABAS, CABAS, CABAS

That's about 11lbs. I wouldn't load it up that much, though. Bells (another Celine-r), mentioned in a different thread that she used to carry her lappie but stopped as it affected the integrity of her straps - stretched them.

Hope that helps!

Yes thanks! No I don't plan on putting too much in it, besides the normal things girls carry daily, but was concerned on how much could actually be carried.