Courtenay #2...what would you do?

GatorMom

O.G.
Dec 29, 2013
Ok. It's in better shape than the first one...but check out these pics and give me your honest opinion. Acceptable or no?
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393042071.773383.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393042101.130577.jpg

This divot is right smack in the front
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393042128.820971.jpg

Definitely a return, because handles weren't wrapped and the price was torn off the tag...check out this circular crease, looks like someone kept this for a while - maybe in a closet with crap piled on top...
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393042169.454455.jpg

Sigh...I'm so disappointed. Maybe Courtenay and I just aren't meant to be :sad:

Edited to add - that divot on the front is repeated multiple times all over this bag. It looks pock marked!

Oh gosh...I know your frustration and I want to say that it's not *too bad*...but it's pretty bad IMO. :shucks: If she's supposed to be a new bag, I think that condition is unacceptable. The creases *might* come out eventually with use and/or conditioning, but I think it would bother me too much. :/

I would return it. I was sent Harpers twice from FOS that were in that same condition. The first time I called and told them the bag looked used and they sent me a mailing label. The 2nd time I returned to the outlet. I eventually found one at the outlet.

I wouldn't keep it. I bought a Isabel with messed up leather at the outlet because I really wanted the color. I returned it because I knew the imperfections would always bother me. I found a perfect Issy later at Macy's. It cost a little more but not very much. I bet you could find a used one on ebay in better condition than that one!

Well, an SA ordered it for me and had it shipped. It came from Coach.com though - all the emails were from coach and it has an orange receipt holder. Yeah, it's going back. I just can't handle it! Too much wrong...

Even at 50% off, I think this bag is damaged. Indentations, scratches and marks in the leather are imperfections and look like damage to me. The bag is discounted, yes, but is not supposed to be used. It's not cheap enough to accept that poor condition IMO.